I love being a mother.
And while Mother's Day wasn't the most glorious day of my existence, (mostly due to the fact that I worked the night before so I was a little tired to say the least) I enjoy celebrating motherhood on a daily basis.
I am by no means a perfect mother.
I'm sure a lot of my methods are flawed and I constantly wonder what I can do better.
I get jealous, feel tired, worn down, exasperated, unappreciated, and sometimes am plain grumpy when I am woken up in the middle of the night.
But then I look into their eyes and see the beginnings of a smile and all those feelings melt away and instead my heart is filled with gratitude and love.
I love being the one who gets the snuggles and sleepy grins in the middle of the night.
I love being the one who shows them how to do something new.
I love kissing their cheeks.
I love laughing with them.
I love that they already know I'm always there for them.
The other day Briggs had an old phone that he was playing with. He had pressed the on button accidentally and it started to light up just for a couple of seconds before it turned back off since the battery was completely dead. He thought that was great and wanted it on again. He let out a little squawk and held the phone out to me. I pushed the on button again while I tried to explain to his little one year old brain that the lights wouldn't stay on because the battery was dead but that I would charge it for him during his nap. Every time he would get excited and head off with his phone until he realized the screen was black again, and then he was right back with me holding out his phone. He knew I could help fix his problem.
I kept pushing the button for those couple of seconds of happiness and he kept returning for me to do it again. It was in this moment that I realized that my little boys know I'm there for them. That I am 100% behind them in everything they do. Briggs knew I could help him turn on the phone and that I would do it every time he came to me for help. It was a tender moment for this mama.
I hope my sweet boys know they can always come to me.
That I am their number one fan.
And that I will always love them, no matter what.
Because that is truly what motherhood is.
It's being there for my children no matter how tired, grumpy, hungry, sick, or unappreciated I am feeling. They come first. And I love them to the moon and back.
{B}
{I}
It's Mother's Day every day! And just when you think your children couldn't bring you any more joy - they do. Thanks, Danielle, for loving my boy and grandboys so completely. We love having you in our club of Rich Girls (that YOU and I are the only one named RICH BTW) We miss having you so far away...or have I already said that a billion times? Much love to the BEST MOM of twins EVER.
ReplyDelete