We had the most perfect day today.
Jesse and I finally had a day off together.
The first in I don't remember how long.
It was nearly magical.
I woke up early to wake up the kiddos.
We had plans to attend a pool party that was scheduled during the later half of their nap, so, like the good mom that I am, I woke them up early so they could take an early nap.
We ate breakfast, watched Frozen {yes, we finally joined the rest of the world and have seen Frozen.}, wrestled, danced, and then off to bed for the littles.
Jesse ran to the store to pick up fruit to take, then we woke up the boys, got them in their swimming garb and went to our pool party.
Ian loved "jumping" into the pool while Briggs preferred to go up and down the steps over and over and over and over and over and over...
We played in the water, did lots of stairs, and had a BBQ with our friends.
The weather was perfect, the company was fabulous, and our boys kept us busy.
Once the boys looked too tired to stay and Briggs was rubbing sunscreen into his eye we decided it would be OK to go home.
We threw the boys in the tub to wash off several layers of sunscreen we had stacked on them and laid them down for a nap.
And then we caught a nap ourselves.
Heaven.
Once we woke up, we threw together dinner and then went to the mall just to wander around.
We even splurged and bought a smoothie.
I seriously have not had this much fun in quite awhile.
I couldn't stop smiling.
I'm probably just easy to please, but there's just something magical about spending a whole day with my sweetheart and our darling children.
My heart and arms are so full tonight.
I just love my little family and I thank my Heavenly Father every night for how good He has been to me.
I am very blessed.

Sounds like a perfect day to me! Also, Henry has the same swim suit...or at least one just like theirs!
ReplyDelete