Jillian Michaels is my workout hero. Seriously. I started working out a little more seriously again at the beginning of the year. It was our New Years Resolution to get in at least 2 workouts a week. Jesse and I started running together at the little gym in our complex and it was fun! We started out really slow and short and just tried to make it fun. After a couple months of running and random weights, I decided to take the plunge and buy Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It was brutal on me at first and left me sore for days. I was scared to progress to level 2 but I finally mustered up my courage after several days and then eventually made it through level 3.
I felt empowered, invigorated, strong, and proud of what I could do. I could feel my body changing from baby blubber to muscles again and I liked it. Pregnancy does a number on your body and while I had already reached my pre-pregnancy weight prior to this, I just didn't love how my body felt. It wiggled and jiggled in places I hadn't noticed wiggling and jiggling before. I just wanted to feel strong and great about my body. And after a couple of months, I did!
And I found that I didn't want to let Jillian down (as crazy as that sounds) and I continued to do her workout videos for months. And then trips and sicknesses and lots of working got in the way and I was not quite as faithful, but I am certainly trying. I just love her positive outlook on working out and how it creates strength in all aspects of your life if you feel that your body is strong. Yes, Jillian, yes it does.
Anyway, so I have usually done my little workouts while my boys have been sleeping because that makes the most sense for me. But then I spend half of nap time working out and showering and it doesn't leave room for much else. Because of this, I decided I would try working out with my boys, just to see what would happen. And much to my surprise, it was awesome.
These kiddos of mine love weights, and copying what is happening on the TV and doing what I tell them to do. They have been working on their jump ropes/jumping jacks (looks the same for them), lunges, squats, push ups, and Ian has even done some mountain climbers and sit ups! It truly is hilarious. I know my workouts aren't quite as effective because part of the time I am laughing too hard, the other part I'm trying to capture how adorable they are on camera, and lastly because they get bored halfway through and think I should hold them. But I also hope they will get a love of exercise at a young age and know that being healthy is important.
Plus there isn't anything cuter than a toddler lifting weights!
I know these aren't great, but it at least gives you an idea of how cute my workout buddies are!
No comments:
Post a Comment