Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sweater Vests and Church Shoes

Sundays are always a little crazy at our house.
Despite waking up around 8am, it stills seems to be nearly impossible to make it to our 10am church on time. 

But I knew today was going to be a good day. 
Or at least an adorable day, because it most definitely wasn't an on time day.

How did I know, you ask?
Well for one, because these shoes arrived at our doorstep a couple of days ago care of Kohl's (have I mentioned how much I love that place!?) and they did not disappoint in the cute department.
{Seriously, I love having little boys!}

{Although apparently shoes are only OK outside the car because the minute Ian gets strapped in, that child takes off his shoes, and if he's lucky, his socks too!}

And number two, the boys were adorable while we were getting ready. 
They moved the gate so they would have this little place to sit together.  
{B}               {I}


{Briggs was covering his mouth while he was coughing in this picture. Also adorable} 

AAAANNNNDDD thirdly, we wore sweater vests today.
I am a sucker for the cute that is a sweater vest on a little boy. 
{Briggs in blue, Ian in red}

So you see, this is how I knew it would be an adorable day.

My Briggsy Boy would not sit up straight or still for anything though! That kid cracks me up.

{Here's a sneak peak of how we do some of our pictures! haha} 


{And right back into a slouch} 

We gave Briggs a break while Ian worked the camera.
{And his mama with those lips!}




Briggs wasn't quite as into smiling on command.


Then we tried plopping Briggs back in the picture with Ian and things turned out something like this. 



Fortunately these boys have an awesome dad who is willing to do ridiculous things behind the camera to make them laugh enough to get some cute pictures (thanks to the sports speed function on my camera!) 

I mean, I didn't even do their hair and they are this handsome! How did I get so lucky? 


By the end, Briggs was done with pictures. 

And Ian had that cool kid swagger with half his shirt hanging out the front! 

We decided we had tortured them long enough and gave them some lunch.
But apparently we had tortured a little too long because Ian almost couldn't even make it through the end of his lunch!



Briggs wasn't quite as tired as Ian nor did he want to part with his pot! 
That kid and his pot. He always finds that thing and acts like he's drinking out of it!



-------------------------------------------------------

And on an unrelated noted, does anyone else's family just lay in the most inconvenient and awkward part of their kitchen floor and snuggle sometimes? With Elmo of course, because you know he's family too.
Maybe we are the only ones...
And yes that is our garbage can squishing my head. It's like I said, awkward.
{I}             {B}
 


{I}     {B} 

{B} 

{B} 

No comments:

Post a Comment