Thursday, December 12, 2013

Things I love: Eight Months

{November 28}

Eight month olds are like wrestling an octopus.
They are wiggly, slippery, flail arms and legs, and make it nearly impossible to change a diaper, but oh boy do I love them!

I love the way their bodies wiggle when they crawl
I love that they constantly want to be in the bath tub
I love how they are starting to mimic noises we make
I love how quickly they are learning new tricks
I love how much hair they're getting
I love the way they chat to each other in their cribs when they wake up from a nap
I love that they are starting to understand things we say to them
I love seeing their cute faces smashed between the bars of their crib grinning at me
I love watching them explore their surroundings
I love the hand prints and slobbery smears that cover our window
I love how much they love music and books
I love that they are happy
I love that they pull down all the hand towels and give themselves kisses in the oven reflection
I love how much richer my life is with them in it

{B}                       {I}

{B}                         {I}


They climb all over each other and wrestle several times a day.
{I}                         {B}

{I}                     {B}

{I}                     {B}

I think they're adorable.
{I}                      {B}




Their favorite toys right now are this little foam noodle thing. 
It used to light up like a lightsaber but a little bit of puke will fix that.





 This box.
So many good uses such as drum, step, and something to lean against.

And this musical piano table.
Which a little puke has turned it into a haunted table. Sometimes we hear it playing all by itself!

Oh and have I mentioned they still puke everywhere and all the time? 
I'll admit that's something I don't love quite as much.


Ian

Ian smiles all the time



Loves bath time and swims like a fish on his belly



He loves to splash



Every time Jesse shakes his belly he makes an ahhhhhhhhhhh noise

Gives high fives

Everything is a drum. For both of them.

Crawls everywhere and pulls himself up to his knees, not quite pulling up to his feet yet.

Likes looking through the window.


Ian is so sweet. He always has kisses for mama and gives great loves.

Rocks the Brotherlick




Just started to figure out the coordination to bring small things to his mouth so now he's able to eat Puffs. He's not quite sure if he likes them though. He takes a long time to eat one because he moves it between hands, around in one hand, drops it, picks it up, and then finally makes it up to his mouth and then sometimes he makes a face that would seem like he doesn't enjoy them. But he always comes back for more.

Loves to read stories. He will flip through books by himself as well as sit and listen to me read.

Sticks out his tongue all the time, and can twist it sideways in his mouth.


Loves his bottles. He enjoys his baby food but he will almost always take a bottle when offered.


He only seems to excert as much energy as absolutely necessary. He will crawl to the toy he wants, grab it, then roll on his back and play with it. Usually either with his legs curled up or kicking like crazy.

He has developed a very mellow personality. He doesn't get bent out of shape when he tips over, Briggs crawls all over him, or steals his toys. He does however scream at the top of his lungs for no apparent reason. He's happy but it about breaks my eardrums. He always seems to be touching Briggs and uses him to get up to his knees, sleeps just with his snuggle blanket, and spits with his tongue out.




Brigham

Briggs sticks his tongue out to the left side when he's concentrating

Seriously loves the tub. When he makes it into the bathroom he stands next to the tub and stares longingly.




When he's in the bath he swims like a little fish on his belly and loves to pull up to stand on the side

 {And I love Ian photo-bombing in the back!}

Briggs has started giving me a big cheesy grin each time I pull out the camera. I seriously can't get enough.






Waved for a couple of days. One day I waved to him and he waved back. It hasn't been replicated quite the same.

Also figured out how to bring things to his mouth to eat, like Puffs. And he loves his Puffs.

Says mama. Or perhaps more accurately mamamamama.

Can "dance" on command.


Crawls everywhere and pulls up to stand. But it took about a week after he learned to stand before he figured out he could also stand in his crib.

Does this little buzzing with his lips.
We call him a motorboat.


Loves looking out the window.



Briggs is a mover. The kid does not stop going. He goes from the front room, to the oven door, to the window, to his bedroom, and back again all day long.

He loves to eat baby food and only gulps down a big bottle when he's starving.

Briggs is a little more opinionated right now. He knows what he wants and works hard to get where he wants to be. He is also very sweet to his mama and loves to see his daddy. He is very ticklish under his chin, grins every time I pull out the camera, likes to sleep with a binky, and loves music and playing the piano.



And this mama spends her day saying
"Get back here"
"How did you get there?"




"Your brother is not for hitting"
"Be Soft"
"Don't pull mama's hair!"
"Come here."
"Don't eat that!"
"What's in your mouth?"
"Don't puke in my shoe. Or in my hair. Or on my face. Or on your brother."

It's a good life.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, your boys are so stinkin' cute! And you are the most darling mom ever! And you are so good at documenting their lives, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savanah, you are too sweet. This means a lot too since I think your boys are so cute and you are super mom. I absolutely love reading your blog and hope one day I can be as cool as you!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Savanah, they are so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete