One of the hardest things with twins (although there are MANY) is trying to get out of the house with both of them by myself. We don't do it often. It just leads me to a constant state of anxiety and stress worrying that one or both are going to cry and people will judge me.
I have no problem caring for both of them in our own surroundings with all the equipment we may need but anywhere else is just that much harder. They almost always are complete angels when we go anywhere, but it's always that nagging fear.
But Jesse took a long lunch break and we bundled up the boys and went to Sam's Club to stock up on diapers, wipes, and formula (and of course $200 worth of things we hadn't needed until we walked in.) Plus Sam's has two seats in the cart so they can both sit in there without their carseats.
It was a first to have them both sitting in the cart. (I have taken them shopping alone a few times but I left them both in their carseats and only picked up the 3 things we desperately needed.) I know they're 8 1/2 months old so that seems crazy, but it's HARD to go anywhere, especially shopping, and especially by myself.
They of course were angels and so adorable.
And when we grabbed hot dogs at the end, they grabbed our lids and were happy as could be.
Can't argue cheap entertainment!



Love the little "dos" on these boys at Sams Club. This is exactly how I fixed Jesse's crazy cowlicks when he was their age. Oh yes, HE was before his time and stories about him abound. "How 'bout we watch Disney's Robin Hood for the second time in the middle of the same night?"
ReplyDelete