Ironically enough, once I declared a 30 day gratitude challenge I suddenly struggled to find things I was grateful for. I would sit down at the computer and my mind would freeze. And the few things I found myself most grateful for (including my sweet husband and kiddos) were pushing me to my limit. I saw the irony but plugged along thinking it would get better, easier, and I would feel the joy of it.
Instead, due to some last minute travel I fell behind, and then got super busy and have yet to catch up.
So here goes nothing.
#19
I'm grateful for airplanes.
It is truly amazing that such big heavy machines can get off the ground and fly us to Utah in about 2 1/2 hours. Awesome.
{Briggs}
{Ian}
#20
I'm grateful for the Plan of Happiness.
Our inpromptu trip to Utah was due to the passing of Jesse's grandmother. She was such a sweet lady and I know she was missing her husband who passed away a couple of years ago. It really was a happy funeral. We celebrated her wonderful life, remembered all the great things she had done, and rejoiced in the knowledge we have that she is now with her sweetheart and we will see her again.
#21
I'm grateful Grandpa could come for a few extra days before Thanksgiving and watch the boys so I could work.
I'm sure they had the time of their life. And hopefully he didn't feed them too much ice cream!
And I may or may not have splurged and bought a new BIG tree this year.
Or more accurately, my mom bought us a new big tree.
I am SO EXCITED about it!
We have these big tall ceilings so we needed a bigger tree.
Wish Granted. (Thanks again Mom! You're the best)
And of course, now that we have a new tree, we needed new ornaments.
I'm in love.
I'm sure they had the time of their life. And hopefully he didn't feed them too much ice cream!
#22
I'm grateful for our apartment.
We live in a place that is perfect for our needs, and also can expand to house nine of us for a week. It has gigantic bedrooms, tons of storage, two bathrooms, a kitchen big enough for four adults to work on Thanksgiving dinner, and a large front room. Honestly, perfect.
#23
I'm grateful for laughter.
There are a lot of days I wouldn't get through if it wasn't for laughter. Like the day I'm trying to put several boxes out on the patio while the boys are awake. I pretty much take a box, move two babies, take a box, move two babies, take a box, move two babies. It was funny.
#24
I'm grateful for date nights with my sweetheart.
We have been on very few official dates by ourselves since the boys arrived and when we do go out I cherish that time. I honestly have so much fun with my man.
Jesse planned an amazing date for us while my dad was in town to watch the boys and I still get excited when I reflect on it. It will require it's own post, so be on the lookout.
#25
I'm grateful for Fall. (Which finally happened about mid-Nov)
The leaves changing, the 70 degree weather instead of 100, and the thought that maybe someday we'll be able to wear sweaters again. It's delightful.
#26
I'm grateful for long warm showers.
These days I am usually squeezing showers in during nap time and am crossing my fingers that there are still two sleeping babies when I get out so I don't get to enjoy nice long showers as much any more. But when I do, oh boy is it nice.
#27
I'm grateful my family came to Texas for Thanksgiving.
I know it was tricky to coordinate all the various schedules, pack up, drive to airports, and take the time to come but it was such a fun week! We played, ate, and had way too much fun.
#28
I'm grateful for delicious treats.
We ate many good desserts over Thanksgiving week. Talk about party in my mouth. Yum.
#29
I'm grateful I am able to stay home most of the time with my kiddos.
I work because need to keep up nursing skills, we need a little supplemental income, and because it is good for me to get out of the house, but oh my goodness do I love being home with my boys. I adore these boys and do not want to miss a single thing. My work asks me occasionally when I'll be coming back to full time or they call at 5 am to see if I can work that day, and while I feel bad saying "no" I have two cute reminders why I do that. Sure I could make more money working full time (and still only be gone for 3 days a week) but I do not see my kids AT ALL the days I work. They are asleep when I leave and when I come home and I miss them. I'm so glad Jesse works hard so I only need to work my one or two days a week. It's perfect.
#30
I'm grateful for Christmas!
I LOVE Christmas. Just ask Jesse.
I love everything about it. Putting up the tree, singing loudly to the Pandora Christmas Station, seeing our stockings hung by the fireplace, the cooler weather, the lights, the feeling in the air, the generosity, the gifts, the shopping, and especially celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. I tell the boys about Christmas and read them stories about the Christmas Story and cannot wait to instill a love of Christmas in them.
Or more accurately, my mom bought us a new big tree.
I am SO EXCITED about it!
We have these big tall ceilings so we needed a bigger tree.
Wish Granted. (Thanks again Mom! You're the best)
And of course, now that we have a new tree, we needed new ornaments.
I'm in love.



No comments:
Post a Comment