Time is seriously flying by! We of course had another ultrasound this week and the boys were absolutely adorable! Their mannerisms were so much more baby-like than some of the random twitching we've been seeing over the last few weeks and it was very endearing. They both liked to stretch straight out and arch their backs. I told them they better go ahead and enjoy it now while they still have room because there will be no stretching later!
The morning of the ultrasound I was feeling my belly and noticed that the left side of my abdomen was really soft while the right side was hard. I figured there was either a baby up that right side and one down low or both of them lined up along that side. It was fun to go to the ultrasound and find out that Baby B was laying up and down that right side so I was totally feeling where Baby B was! I've since noticed he likes that spot and have found him on multiple occasions on that side. It may have something to do with the fact that I tend to sleep on my left side though so maybe that's the only spot for him to go!? Baby A seems to run low across my belly and sometimes I can feel where he is too. It's rather strange actually but I love it!
This week I've just continued to grow and have bought a few more maternity things over the last couple of weeks. They are so comfortable! I also love wearing Jesse's shirts. He thinks I look cute in them so it's a win-win. I find that maternity jeans make my belly look rounder and nicer instead of it being smashed by my regular jeans that I'm trying to keep below my belly. It's a little tricky though because these boys are sitting really low right now so it usually just ends up hurting. I'm sure eventually I'll get one in my ribs and one on my bladder and will get to feel the joys of feeling them high and low....
I've noticed my belly button getting stretched out if that makes any sense! haha. It's funny to look at and I have it feeling it may end up a slit of a belly button. I am also still a master belcher. Jesse wants to record it sometime because it is pretty impressive but I don't know if I want to remember that forever! Also notable this week is that I think I gained about 4 lbs in the last two weeks! haha. The perinatologist keeps telling me repeatedly that I need to gain 40-50 lbs (which I personally think is nuts but whatever) so I've been trying hard to eat lots of calories so I can please him. He hasn't seem overly impressed yet but I was excited. I think I've only put on about 7 lbs total (which is based on a combination of the doctor's scale and my scale at home so I'm not entirely sure how accurate it all is) thus far and this peri wants me to gain 24 lbs by week 24 so let's just say I'm not exactly turning down hamburgers and fries these days.

I only gained 35 pounds during my pregnancy with the twins. And they were still pretty good sized...5lbs 3oz. and 6lbs. 1oz.
ReplyDelete