This is the week we spilled the beans.
Thankfully!
I don't think I could have held it in any longer.
Here's how we told my family I was pregnant.
And this is how we announced it was twins.
As soon as we shared the news with my family we went to town making phone calls and skype calls to Jesse's family, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and close friends. It was so much fun every single time we told someone!
My belly had been working on stretching ever so slightly but overnight while my family was here it all of the sudden poked out more noticeably! It is fun to start growing a belly, and a little strange. My mom, sister, and I went shopping one evening and we looked at some maternity clothes and ended up buying a few things so I made my first maternity clothes purchases. I totally started wearing them too. They are SO comfortable! Whoever thought they should try to get away with squeezing into their own clothes obviously has not put on comfy maternity pants and shirts! Plus I figure as I evolve into a whale there is no avoiding the maternity aisles so I might as well embrace it!
We also went to 6 Flags and instead of doing all the wild and crazy rides I hung out with my parents on the sidelines. That was definitely the first time in my life I have skipped out on rollercoasters! It was kind of torturous but it's all for the sake of the babies. Luckily my dad bought me a pretzel so that helped make up for it!
I happened to be invited to a "Moms of Multiples" garage sale this week and scored all sorts of good things there! Our house started looking like we would actually be having babies coming to live with us! I got a swing, stroller, changing pad with covers, bath tub, high chairs, swaddle blankets, boppy with covers, a floor mat thing, and probably other things I can't remember. It is all in perfect condition and I got killer deals so that is awesome! We're realizing it's a little tricky to have two babies on a budget but we're trying our hardest!
Caught Danielle's "y'all" on the video! :) Love it!
ReplyDelete