Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pregnancy: Week 15

We were back in the perinatologist's office this week for another ultrasound. We will start seeing him every two weeks for the foreseeable future so he can measure the babies and make sure they are growing at a similar rate. I know they are looking for signs of twin to twin transfusion and thankfully everything has looked perfect so far so I haven't explored what they even do if they find that one twin is stealing nutrients from the other. I figure I'll just plan on everything working out perfectly.

This week was exciting because we got a sneak peek at the gender of our babies! That is definitely a bonus to having an ultrasound every two weeks. We get to see them grow, change, wiggle, and of course important things like knowing if we should start buying some pink or blue!

At first the babies didn't want to cooperate but then they put on a show and we found out we'd be bringing home two little BOYS! It took me a couple of days to wrap my mind around having two little boys and all the things that come with it like sword fights, hitting, loud noises, etc. I was already seeing loudness, craziness, and things breaking in my house! haha.

But look how adorable they are!
Baby A

 Baby B


But then we started thinking of all the awesome things that come with little boys like capes, super heros, sound effects, Halloween costume duos, legos, cars, having two missionaries down the road.... and the list goes on and on. All the sudden I was having this overwhelming feeling of this amazing opportunity to teach two little boys about the Gospel so they can be valiant priesthood holders, extraordinary missionaries, and become fathers and leaders of our Church. It honestly brings me to tears thinking about this responsibility. I hope I am up for the challenge and pray that the Lord will give me the promptings I need to adequately teach our little boys. In the meantime I hope I can be laid back enough to let them play with each other without trying to protect them from every little scrape and turning them into sissies!

We seriously could not be more excited! And I am pretty sure I made my little brother Kadin's life. He was DYING for us to have little boys (because I don't think he knows that there are girl babies too) but he was elated when I told him our babies are boys. Now if we'd just name them Kadin and Kade after him, his life would be complete! haha. I've tried to tell him multiple times it will not work out that way but I think he's still holding out for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment