Six.
I have been married to this man for six years.
When did we get so old?
I am pretty sure I hit the jackpot when it comes to husbands.
I knew I loved him when we got married, but I had no idea how much my love would grow.
He is the best person for me to grow old with.
He always puts my needs first, even though my attention has flipped to our children.
{I still love you, it's just that our children wouldn't last as long as you if I don't feed them. Don't take it personally.}
He can still make me laugh.
And occasionally I can get a chuckle out of him as well.
We are always up for an adventure.
We love being goofy together. Heck, we just love being together.
We've learned to communicate through our words.
But we also speak the language of love.
Some days we have to fake it til we make it.
{I don't remember what the problem was, but I remember I was mad at him for something this day. He was probably mad at me too because I'm sure I did something dumb.}
But he is wonderful at saying "I'm sorry" first or not letting things bother him in the first place.
He tolerates my need to document everything that happens in our life.
And now finds himself thanking me for being a crazy picture taking lady!
He kills nasty bugs for me.
He works hard for our family.
{Flash back to his balloon chasing days!}
He tolerates my lack of cooking skills.
He plays along when I make him do silly things with me.
He treats me like a princess. I don't open a door, pull out a chair, or ever be told it's not ok to get the most expensive dish on the menu when I'm with him.
He loves me for who I am.
He doesn't judge, rarely tries to fix me, and keeps his sense of humor intact.
He may joke about being Superman.
But he really is my superman.
And here we are, six years later.
We've lived in 5 different apartments.
Traveled a few places.
Moved to Texas.
Got real jobs.
Had two of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen.
And are honestly madly in love.
I am so incredibly blessed.
And I'm sure I share this picture every year, but we do plan to live happily ever after.
Six years down. Eternity to go!



















So darling! You guys are awesome. I was sorting through some of my wedding photos the other day and found one of the two of you at my reception...I need to forward it to you! Love that I can keep up with you on here, such a cute family!
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys! So wonderful.
ReplyDelete