Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter: NOT keeping up with the Joneses

Let's be honest here. We're no Joneses. You know, those Joneses. The ones everyone is trying to keep up with. Yeah, we're not keeping up with them. Like, at all.

I went on a hunt through our attic for the Easter baskets I bought last year. Of course I could only find one, which surprisingly enough, doesn't do us much good. 

Then in true mama-brain fashion, I forgot to use the one basket I had. So the couch it was.

The boys got these cute outfits and when I dressed them in the shirts they were so cute I almost died. They fit absolutely perfectly, which I decided wasn't good enough. They were so cute I didn't want them to just fit perfectly right now. So I'll be returning them for a size bigger so we can enjoy them longer. 

We then wore these shirts we already had for church. Which is fine. Not shiny and new like everyone else's kids, but they were still absolutely adorable.

{I} 

{I} 

{I} 

{I} 

{I} 

{B} 

{B} 

{B} 

{B} 

{B} 

We also didn't get some adorable picture of our whole family out on the lawn dressed in our Sunday Best. We were lucky to get these. We were all tired and hungry when we got home from church. Jesse tickled the boys until they were exploding with giggles and my camera seemed to focus on everything but their darling faces.

{B}                       {I} 







We had big plans to lay out eggs for the boys to see when they got up from their nap. 
Instead, we took a nap too. Our boys will probably be scarred for life because they didn't find Easter eggs on their first Easter home {last Easter was three days after they were born so that barely counts since we were all hanging out in the hospital.}

Ian did have a sweet moment with Jesse after his nap and actually sat still for a couple of minutes. And didn't scream. That was nice. We hear lots of screaming these days.



We had a wonderful non traditional dinner of crepes. Which was absolutely delicious.

And then we put the kiddos in their pajamas and we thought a walk would be a nice way to top off our day. 
Until we walked outside and it started raining.
So instead, we went for a rainy car ride. 
It was delightful.


Oh and I also failed to post an Easter video or picture on facebook with the true meaning of Easter like everyone else. So instead, here you go.



http://easter.mormon.org/?cid=HPTU041514694

I truly am grateful for my Savior. I know he lived and died for me and that through his resurrection I can be with my sweet family forever. I know that he broke the bonds of death so we all can live again. I know that I will see those who have died before me because death is not the end. I love my three boys more than anything else and because of Him, they are mine forever. He has risen. 



1 comment:

  1. I SO love this post. You don't need to worry about keeping up with anybody else, I think your Easter was just perfect and your boys are darling!!

    ReplyDelete