Well it's happened again.
They turned a month older.
And I'm now convinced ten months is the best age ever.
Seriously, how does it keep getting better and better?!?
{B} {I}
Things Mama Loves
The wiggle of crawling baby bums - {I don't know if I'm ever going to let them walk}
When they talk and giggle to one another. Often times, I just step out of the way and let the two of them play
How they scoot backwards so they don't get stuck
When they dance
How fast they can crawl.
How happy they are! They go to anyone and really haven't shown signs of stranger anxiety
Introducing new things, like bubbles
Meal time. They do all their good tricks while they're eating
Snuggles and kisses
Watching them take tiny bites out of food with their new teeth
Squishing chubby little legs
Hearing the slaps of little hands while they crawl
Seeing outstretched arms, reaching to be held
What good travelers they are. Even though I complained about our last adventure, they've now been on three trips to Utah and one to Hawaii, total of 10 flights, I think?
How great they are at going to sleep. We lay them down, give them kisses and their snuggle blankets, leave the room and they roll over and go to sleep. They're not great at sleeping in your arms which is perfect most of the time but hard in church and while we're traveling.
I'm down to nursing only once or twice a day. I think one of these days I'll wean myself, because let's be honest, they don't care. It's only me having a hard time completely letting go. I think it has something to do with the fact that I used to nurse for about 8 hours a day when they were newborns! I just don't even know what to do with myself if I'm not nursing a baby or pumping.
They are finally not puking up half their food every time they eat! It's been miraculous! It seemed like over night they were suddenly only puking once or twice a day instead of several times with each feeding. We are so excited about this!
A few not so loved things
Screaming. High pitched, ear splitting, brain scrambling, awful screaming. Briggs' scream is more shrill and high pitched but Ian isn't about to be out done, so it quickly becomes a screaming competition. They're not sad by any means, just happy squeals of ear piercing delight.
Rolling and crawling away during diaper changes. Some days it's straight up impossible to change them without a bottle or another person occupying them.
Grabbing mama's eyelashes. One day they just discovered them and now they can't keep their hands off them. Probably because I put mascara on for the first time in who knows how long. Bad choice.
Did I mention the screaming? It might be the death of me.
Ian
Ian has a slight shoe fetish.
Jabbers with multiple sounds {dada, mama, baba, etc}
A little more of a picky eater
Has such a funny personality and will laugh at things he does. One time I heard him jabber, jabber, jabber and then giggle, like he was telling a joke. And another time I kissed him goodnight and then when Jesse went to kiss him he just let go of the crib railing and dropped down out of reach. Ian quickly got the giggles and thought he was so funny for evading daddy's kisses.
Still sticks his tongue out all the time
Absolutely loves bread, cheese, graham crackers, and quesadillas
Absolutely loves bread, cheese, graham crackers, and quesadillas
Pushes things away that he doesn't want
Loves feeding himself
Is not crazy about performing. We think he'd rather watch Briggs do everything and he just does his own thing
Is not crazy about performing. We think he'd rather watch Briggs do everything and he just does his own thing
Has four teeth {two up and two down}
Is currently still more laid back out of the two. He is just so happy
Got caught one day exploring the crease on his leg. Cracked me and grandma up! Even he likes his chubby little legs!
Loves playing in mama's cupboards
Learned to clap (Feb 1)!
Discovered the toilet paper roll
Loves playing in mama's cupboards
Learned to clap (Feb 1)!
Discovered the toilet paper roll
Got his first little haircut at grandma's house
{I kind of love his slouched sit}
........................................................................................
Brigham
Briggs crawls through everything instead of around
Usually sticks to one conversational sound of "bababababa"
Can push off the couch backwards, with a little assistance
Walks along the furniture really well and loves walking with a walker.
Can clap! You just have to say the word "clap" and he'll do it. So cute!
He is more of a performer
He is more of a performer
If you say "ahhhhhh" to him, he'll "ahhhhhhhh" right back with his mouth wide open. {That trick has come in handy so many times to check for teeth, and dig all sorts of crazy things out of his mouth}
Seems to prefer me feeding him, instead of feeding himself. He's usually too busy dancing in his chair anyway
He is going to want to do things himself and doesn't seem to have a lot of patience because he is a determined little thing. He gets frustrated more easily, especially when he pushes his walker into an obstacle
He still scrunches up his face at you, and now he can do a whole face wink
Still has two teeth, but the top ones should be poking through any day
Knows how to flush the toilet
Loves vienna sausages, mac and cheese, green beans, and graham crackers
Puts his toes up while he's in the high chair
Also got his first haircut at grandma's house
Knows how to flush the toilet
Loves vienna sausages, mac and cheese, green beans, and graham crackers
Puts his toes up while he's in the high chair
Also got his first haircut at grandma's house
Loves all snuggly things, like blankets, pillows, mama, daddy, brother...
{Briggs is the snuggliest little thing. He loves anything soft and cuddly and always will come snuggle and give us kisses when we're laying on the floor}
{Briggs is not a big fan of crawling without pants. Especially on grass. But I am a sucker for the shirt, socks, and diaper look. haha. Kills me!}
{Briggs' toes}
{Briggs was crawling and when he sat back, Ian was in his way! haha
{These boys and their "toys." They're quite content with their three nursing pads."
{Hanging out with Zoey and Jacqueline, my parent's Korean girls who came to do some student teaching for a month}
{Sums them up perfectly. Ian checking out daddy's shoes, and Briggs going directly through his legs.}
{B} {I}
{We absolutely love these sweet happy boys!}
{My picture disclaimer: Yes I took all these pictures myself, with the help of my parents, singing, dancing and bubbles. No they're not edited, because to be honest, I wouldn't have any idea of what to do with them other than turn them black and white. The boys are just that cute. Yes there's a disproportionate amount of more "formal" pictures of Ian because I left one of my memory cards in St. George that had more of our pictures of Briggs (as well as our whole trip). And Yes, I will try to remember to add more when I get my card back. :) }
.....................................................................................
And some little videos for good measure.
{Briggs is quite the dancer. Especially in his high chair.}
{"Say AHHHH"}
{They're really into pushing these little "walkers" around.}
And yes, Briggs already runs with it.
{Tickles from Daddy}
{Relaxing on pillows}
Best movies of 2014! I think Daddy might be as entertaining as babies. Wow! they are walking around great. Oh, and Jesse as well.
ReplyDeleteThose giggles are so precious! O does the same thing with his feet in the high chair. Silly boys.
ReplyDelete