Maybe I should start with Day Two.
We have made improvements in some areas but seem to have slipped backwards in others. Daddy was able to sit up which was a big accomplishment, but I suspected a double eye infection in poor Briggs. We went to the doctor where we spent more money than seemed necessary, to be told what I already knew. Conjunctivitis. Boo.
Once I laid the littles down for a late nap, I ran off to the store to pick up eye drops. While standing in line wondering how on earth I would get eye drops into my ten month old, I was met with disappointment at the counter. The pharmacy did not have these eye drops in stock, but not to worry, they had put in a request from the distributor to get some more. They expected them to arrive around Saturday.
SATURDAY?
That did not bode well for this mama bear. I was not about to let my little guy suffer for three days because they did not have our prescription. Luckily, the tech behind the counter made a couple of phone calls and found us a bottle at a different location. What should have been a ten minute errand turned into an hour and half, to get these dang eye drops for my poor baby. And some donuts for me. {It's tough work taking care of sickies.} I'm pretty sure Jesse thought I ran away.
But alas, we started eye drops {which went surprisingly well}, laid our sick children to bed with lots of love and prayers that they would feel better, and I officially moved downstairs to the couch.
Day Three:
Day three was greeted with six wake up calls during the night from miserable boys (luckily I was still awake for the first two or three). We now seem to have acquired a nasty cold to accompany the diarrhea, and occasional vomiting. Ian sounds hoarse and wheezy and appears most interested in snuggling. Briggs looks like a balloon of goop exploded all over his face and can barely open his eyes at times. They are quite the pathetic sight.
{B} {I}
{I}
Thankfully Jesse is starting to rejoin the land of the living and we've actually seen his face a couple of times which is a sight for tired eyes. The boys have been troopers. I seriously cannot believe how happy they stay despite how sick they are. I continue to change diapers, try to get the boys to eat something, squeeze eye drops into little eyes, and give a couple of baths a day. And miraculously enough, am still not sick. I'm starting to think my nursing skills are really paying off! I just keep washing my hands, washing clothes, sanitizing my hands, cloroxing toys, and reminding myself that I work around sick people all the time and don't get sick. Now I just need to survive my one day of work and then I can get sick, if I must.
The boys are pretty easily entertained.
And this is poop on my shirt.
I changed the messiest diaper I think I have ever seen. It was all over Briggs from shoulder to foot, so it was straight to the tub for him and I almost laughed when I caught my reflection and saw the lovely gift he somehow passed along to me.
Being a mom is not for the faint of heart, or stomach.
We seriously are sometimes in the bath twice a day.
Luckily these kids absolutely love bath time!
{I}
{B}
{B} {I}
So so sorry. You guys are troopers. We are praying for you all. Please don't get sick, Danielle!
ReplyDelete