Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Things I Love: Sixteen Months

Sixteen months. 
Wow. 
These babies of ours just aren't babies anymore. 
They are little boys.
And we seriously love (nearly) every minute!

And once again, it's nearly impossible to get a good picture of these two hooligans together so here's a few I've found.


{Ian was watching a movie and Briggs just needed to be close to him so Briggs scooted back until he was sitting in Ian's lap.}
{B}               {I}

{I}            {B}

               {I}          {B} 

{I}                       {B} 
{some of them cooperate better than others!}
{B}            {I} 

{B}               {I} 




{B}                {I} 



{And also let me preface this by saying we were gone for half of July with things that require their own post and because of this I haven't been great at recording the little things... so we'll try our best to remember!}

These boys are such great friends. They play great together and usually don't bug each other too much. We still feel so blessed to have twins. We often talk about what it would be like to have a "lonely" baby and it's just hard to imagine one of ours without the other. We just are blessed beyond measure.

They are both still in size 3 diapers and 12-18 month clothes, sometimes up to 24 month clothes.

And they both still have 8 teeth, 4 on top and 4 on bottom.

We have also added Frozen to our list of movies the boys will sit and watch. So now the list is The Lorax and Frozen. haha! Let's just say Jesse and I have watched these two movies a few times.

Ian


He is still as sweet as they come. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He is very independent and will walk indefinitely without looking back. He is usually calm and mellow and loves to wander around. He likes hugging mama's legs, giving kisses, and helping in the kitchen.




Grandma taught him how to say "tick tock"

Recently discovered airplanes. If we ask where the airplanes are he looks up and points. 

Loves having his blanket wrapped around him

He also likes it over his head. I often find him walking blindly around the house with his blanket over his head. He looks like a little fuzzy ghost! 

Is very tactile (he gets that from his mama). He loves touching leaves, trees, twigs, grass, and anything else he can reach. 

Chants "mamamamamama" all day. So of course I respond with "IanIanIanIanIan." He thinks it's hilarious.

Says BAAA (aka Boo) nearly every time he sees you

Signs "all done" "more" "treat" and "water" {finally!} with some prompting.
He's still not really talking.

Sleeps with his binky, and minky blanket

Loves phones. And everything is a phone. 


Loves keys. Not quite as much as Briggs but if he sees them he really loves playing with them.

Gives the best kisses. He puckers up so well.

Has become rather attached to his binky. It has me a little worried.

Loves to help me cook.
{I}           {B} 

Still loves shoes. He will bring shoes to me all the time to put on his feet.

When I hum to him he hums back! It's adorable.




Briggs


He is our firecracker. I just don't know how one child can have so much personality or energy! We absolutely love it! Jesse has accurately described the adult to Briggs ratio as being 9 to 1. He is as busy as they come but also extremely sweet. We love his dimples, sense of humor, and energy!



He has a compulsive need to push the flash on my camera down. Whenever it pops up he jumps up and runs over with his arm outstretched to help me push that sucker back down. 

Loves brooms. Which cracks me up because he found a love of brooms without ever seeing me sweep the floor. I always sweep after they go to bed so I don't know how he even knows what a broom is!

Also recently discovered airplanes and he loves them

When he wants to be held, he holds on to my fingers and lifts one leg.

I think he's going to be my little collector. He loves holding on to rocks or leaves or any other little things he finds on the ground. 

He absolutely loves animals. He's had the most experience now with birds and dogs and he just can't get enough.




Signs "All done" "water" "more" "treat"
Still doesn't really talk.

Runs everywhere

Has his eyebrows up a lot.


He also as an obsession with keys. One day I got home from work and hung the keys on the door and greeted the boys and when I went upstairs to change Briggs threw a huge fit. I figured he was just missing me so I hurried back downstairs but he still screamed. Finally I figured out he wanted the keys I had put on the door! 

Loves the swings... as you can tell by his smiley eyes! haha

Sleeps with his binky, pillow, and the tag of his swaddle blanket

Loves coloring, the manga doodle, and stickers

Has a remarkable attention span for how busy he is. He helped my mom pick up berries for probably 15 minutes straight.

Also loves shoes. Some days he wears them all day, including during nap time.

1 comment: