We went to the park Monday night to get some wiggles out and figured we could conveniently count it as FHE. The boys of course love the swings, but we started to become swing hogs, so we convinced them to play elsewhere for a little while. At one point, Ian was climbing up the slide and Briggs was using these rocks like stairs.
I helped him go down one time and then plopped him on the ground. I'm not quite sure what happened, but a minute after that he must have been back up on those rocks, and unfortunately I had taken a few steps over and was helping Ian with the slides. I then looked over at Briggs just as he toppled head first down the rocks, splatted on his forehead, and then bounced off his face on to the ground.
Yikes!
The worst part, is that Jesse and I were both right there!
I have taken them to the park by myself multiple times, but of course the time we have two adults, one kid head plants into a rock.
I quickly ran over and scooped him up and watched the lump grow and bruise right before my eyes. It honestly made me a little queasy with how quickly it grew and turned purple.
Briggs cried for maybe 15 seconds, and then wanted back on the ground to continue playing! That kid is tough as nails.
I thought we would have a massive goose egg on his forehead and a large bruise for several days, but it quickly flattened out and isn't nearly as bruised looking either. I've been amazed.
One day later.
Two days later.
Obviously Briggs is Wolverine.


No comments:
Post a Comment