Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Live and Learn

I was washing dishes today when I noticed what might be a crack in one of them.
I flipped it over to look a little closer, and sure enough two big cracks on this plate.

And then I noticed the disclaimer on the back.
"Not microwave safe"

So maybe I shouldn't have been microwaving these plates every day for the last six years?! Oops! 
I guess that explains why they have been extremely hot every time I pull them out of the microwave.
Maybe I should start reading labels on my dinnerware.

We'll probably die because of it. 
Or start seeing an extra arm sprout out any day now. 

The saddest part is that when I told Jesse I now had a real reason for getting new dishes (and remember when we are talking current dishes we are talking cheapo plastic, apparently not microwave safe, dishes that we got on clearance at Target for $1.50/piece when we got married) he said I still have 7 more that need to crack before I need new dishes!

Ok, first off I was joking. Second off, I have said and will go on record as saying again we can absolutely get new plates after our big move back to Utah. I don't want to get a brand new set of plates and have them broken/lost/ruined in packing/shipping/unpacking mere months after purchase.

Plus, I like our black plates! They were the first plates we ever bought as a married couple and they've been great! I can't feel good throwing away 7 perfectly useful plates, PLUS the 8 matching smaller plates that are part of the set just because one got ruined and MAY cause us to grow eyeballs out of our nostrils. I'm not worried anyway; extra eyeballs would just make me a better parent.

May I also go on record as saying, I have thrown in several enticing offers for new plates, such as using these ones for target practice. That is putting them to good use! 

1 comment: