I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as you're living, my baby you'll be.
This phrase from a book I read as a kid kept racing through my head tonight as I rocked my sweet Ian long after he had been tucked into bed by his dad and grandma. I worked all day and didn't get a chance to see my boys before bed. I missed them.
I picked Briggs up out of his crib and sat down in my rocking chair to gently rock my sleeping babe. He wiggled, tossed and turned, and rolled halfway onto his belly obviously trying to get comfortable on my lap. After a minute of wiggles from him and giggles from me, Jesse said, "Put that one back, I'll get you a new one."
Because that's the joy of having twins, you see.
He brought Ian over who was more compliant and melted into my arms. I listened to him breathe. Watched his lips making sucking motions and land in a slight puckered position. Laughed as his eyes fluttered open quickly and then gave in to the deep slumber. I ran my fingers through his hair still in awe of how blonde it is. I felt his fingers twitch ever so slightly and cling on to my shirt. I felt the weight of his little body in my arms. I soaked it all in, after all, this was the only time I had seen my baby all day. And that phrase stayed lodged in my mind.
I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as you're living, my baby you'll be.
Truer words have not been spoken.
My boys are my life. (All three of them!) I will always love them and at least two of them will always be my babies no matter how big they get. I just love little moments like these that remind me how lucky I am.
This phrase from a book I read as a kid kept racing through my head tonight as I rocked my sweet Ian long after he had been tucked into bed by his dad and grandma. I worked all day and didn't get a chance to see my boys before bed. I missed them.
I picked Briggs up out of his crib and sat down in my rocking chair to gently rock my sleeping babe. He wiggled, tossed and turned, and rolled halfway onto his belly obviously trying to get comfortable on my lap. After a minute of wiggles from him and giggles from me, Jesse said, "Put that one back, I'll get you a new one."
Because that's the joy of having twins, you see.
He brought Ian over who was more compliant and melted into my arms. I listened to him breathe. Watched his lips making sucking motions and land in a slight puckered position. Laughed as his eyes fluttered open quickly and then gave in to the deep slumber. I ran my fingers through his hair still in awe of how blonde it is. I felt his fingers twitch ever so slightly and cling on to my shirt. I felt the weight of his little body in my arms. I soaked it all in, after all, this was the only time I had seen my baby all day. And that phrase stayed lodged in my mind.
I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as you're living, my baby you'll be.
Truer words have not been spoken.
My boys are my life. (All three of them!) I will always love them and at least two of them will always be my babies no matter how big they get. I just love little moments like these that remind me how lucky I am.


Love this.
ReplyDelete