Thursday, July 10, 2014

CH-CH-CH-Changes.

Well folks, we are moving back to Utah.

I have such mixed emotions over this news. On the one hand I am excited, ready for the change and opportunities to come, and look forward to seeing family more regularly. On the other hand I'm completely devastated, struggling to leave the good people we have met and associated with, leaving the place I thought we would call home for many more years, and honestly, maybe even a little afraid to live so close to family! I didn't think I would have this much internal turmoil over this decision, but I do.

Jesse even keeps reminding me that we don't absolutely have to move, it would just be better for his career to live in Utah. How do I say no to better potential for his job and be closer to family? I can't.

We found out a few months ago that there was a strong possibility we would move back to Utah, but reserved our excitement until things were more official. We've now shared the news with our families and are mentally making preparations. It's surreal. 

We thought we'd be calling Texas home indefinitely, but we're now seeing the end rapidly approaching. My heart has already melted into the Texas soil and it's hard to dig it back up and think about planting it again in Utah. Especially when we move in the dead middle of winter. So it will be planted in snow covered frozen dirt. Yuck. 

A few things I'm very excited about.
1. Being involved in family activities.
2. Only having a short drive to go camping up in the mountains.
3. The possibility of finding a new job that I absolutely love.
4. Being only a car ride away from my mom. We already have big plans in the making.
5. Being closer to some of our good friends.


A few things I'm less than excited about.
1. Winters. Snow. Cold. Snow Clothes. Etc. Even though I was a snow child myself and it was magical, I do not enjoy living in snow. I just love being warm. And humidity doesn't bother me either. I am glad our children will get to experience snow, but I do not look forward to living in it. Oh how I'm going to miss the Texas heat.
2. Leaving the hospitable culture that is Texas. People are just friendly here.
3. Losing the diversity and experiences people have in wards. The people are just full of amazing stories and experiences that add such a richness to our church meetings.
4. Finding a new job. I've had a sweet gig with my current job.
5. Did I mention the cold?

All in all I think it will be good.
I just may shed a few tears in the process.

4 comments:

  1. Changes can be so tough but so good at the same time! Good luck with the move, both physically and emotionally!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!!!!!!! But how wonderful to be by family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahooooo!!!! I'll call you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you are leaving a place and people you love. But, I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to have you in Utah. It's going to be awesome. Except for the snow.

    ReplyDelete