2013 was a wonderful year for us.
We moved into a bigger apartment, had our two boys, experienced heartache as parents when our new baby was in the hospital with a severe infection, Jesse was promoted - twice, Danielle was able to go back to work only one day a week, we traveled to Hawaii, took several trips to Utah, had several visitors come stay with us multiple times throughout the year, and now finally feel like we are thriving instead of just surviving with twins!
...............................................................................
I am awful at writing down goals each new year. Some years I don't even think of goals, let alone write them down. But this year, I actually have a few.
1. Work out at least twice a week.
This may sound ridiculously easy to some, but this is a tough one for me. Jesse and I have made a pact though that we need to get in better shape and we need to start somewhere. He even indulged me with new running shoes. I love them so much that I want to go run just so I can wear them!
2. Go to the Temple at least every other month.
Since the boys arrived, we haven't made it to the Temple together because believe it or not, it is hard to leave two babies with someone, but I know we need that spiritual boost in our life. I have already started making arrangements to swap babysitting with a friend.

3. Seek out things that make me a better mother.
This may seem broad, but I have this thought pop into my head often and it redirects my attention from things such as facebook to my scriptures. I want my boys to remember me as being involved, loving, attentive, and not attached to my phone all day.
4. Make a budget.
Our motto has always been "Don't Spend Anything" but I think it's time to actually make an effective budget and stick with it.
Great "committments" for the new year that all of us would benefit from.
ReplyDelete