Thursday, January 2, 2014

Things I love: Nine Months

{December 28, 2013}

Holy Smokes.
They've been out longer than they were in!
{I}                        {B}


{I}       {B}

{B}                          {I}

{B}                  {I}

............................................


When did this happen?!


STATS

Ian
Height: 28.5 in (58th %)
Weight: 20lb 13oz (55th %)
Head: 43.8 cm (13th %)


Brigham
Height: 28.5 in (58th %)
Weight: 18lb 10oz (20th %)
Head: 43.2 (5th %)

{They received one shot and a finger stick
 which left them with the most adorable bandaid on their little fingers}


Things mama loves

Their laughs
Little hands pulling on my pant legs

Slimy, slippery, slobbery kisses

How Briggs' little mouth migrates to my chin when he gives kisses

How Ian's mouth migrates to my nose when he gives kisses

The way they stand up and grin from ear to ear in the corner of their cribs

Reading and singing to them

Bath time {Although it is also highly stressful}

How fascinating everything is to them


Hearing them talk to each other

Dancing with each of them, and both of them together

Giving them mohawks
{B}
 {I}
I also love that they can't keep their eyes open, just like their dad

 {I}
 {B}

How Briggs gives me loves

How Ian loves the piano

The bedhead they can wake up with
{B}



And how much they love playing with their daddy



And can I just say how much I miss newborn poop?
I would gladly change a dozen newborn poopy diapers a day instead of one of these nasty ones we get now.

They take two naps a day and sleep from about 7pm-7:30am with a snack around 5am.
I'm still breastfeeding/pumping about 3-4 times a day, and they have even decided they're ok nursing again.
With that being said, though we are still going through a big Sam's Club container of formula about every 10 days. Yikes!
They are still in size 3 diapers.
I haven't been very adventurous with giving them table food, but we are heading that direction.
They are exploding out of their infant carseats but I haven't gotten them new ones yet. I'm a little scared because then I can't just carry them both anywhere I need to, I will be confined to a stroller or an extra set of hands always. It just makes me nervous. And maybe I'm a little forgetful. Or lazy.
They rarely cry. Even when they're tired or hungry, they just get a little fussy.
They are so great at waking up and just playing in their cribs until we come get them, whether that is 5 minutes or 45 minutes later.



Ian Loves

Smiling


Food. Especially puffs, bread, most baby foods, mashed potatoes, and water from his sippy cup. Not such a fan of peas or yogurt melts though.

The green frog that covers the spout on the bath tub

Making noise with his lips

Rolling away during diaper changes and getting dressed

Getting kisses



Sticking his tongue out



Standing up everywhere, and learning to push the wagon

Riding in the wagon or on the airplane







His snuggle blanket



Wadding up blankets and snuggling them

Reading books


Any sort of ball

Playing the piano

Drumming on boxes, chairs, daddy, etc

Ian sprouted his two bottom teeth on Dec 31!


Briggs Loves
Standing and pulling himself up to his tip-toes {or completely off the ground} The kid has muscles.


Food. He eats just about anything. Sometimes he'll make a face at the yogurt melts or when the fruit is really sweet but he is such a great eater. And loves drinking water from his sippy cup

Rolling away during diaper changes

His pillow grandma Liane made



 His binky when he goes to sleep

His snuggle blanket

Toys that make music

Dancing





The window


Bath time

Climbing

Having two things in his hands





Loves Ian



and leaves him good brotherlicks

And Briggs has two teeth!



These boys of ours are the best part of our lives.
They make us a laugh, keep us on our toes, make us tired, and keep us young.
They are my sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. Danielle, your posts bring back such happy memories of being in your home with your family over Christmas. We loved being with you and we loved the warmer weather. Your house was decorated so fine and invited the spirit. You gotta love each and every picture of these two boys (both with two bottom teeth now) and the way you are journaling their progress is fantastic. They are the sweetest babies I've ever seen We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I'm afraid they won't remember us. Do you have a photo of Dad and I you could show them and tell them our names? We think about you all daily.

    ReplyDelete