Sunday, February 1, 2015

Things I Love | 22 Months

22 Months
{As of Jan 28}

Pictures of them together, perfectly posed, and smiling are totally overrated, right?
Right.



Fortunately they are still adorable.
And are completely obsessed with being outside.

We went down to St. George recently for a visit with my family and my dad and I took the boys on a little nature walk up on the Dixie Rock.
{B in blue as usual}




{About the only time I can get them to stand by one another and not move for a second is by having them give snuggles to each other. Works like a charm! And is so darn cute.}





{These boys are such good buddies! A couple of times we have caught them holding hands walking around together. It just warms my mama heart.}


{Briggs might get a little jealous when he has to share his mixing bowl. :) }




{These boys LOVE their dad. Whenever he walks in the door from work they immediately want to wrestle. They also love to do anything else he is doing! I absolutely love watching my three boys together.}




{Outside is the greatest place.}


{They apparently like chips and salsa! Who would have guessed.}





Ian

 This child's smile is adorable and takes over his whole face but he's not great at showing it for my camera.


He's also his father's child and cannot keep his eyes open. I'm pretty sure I have twice the number of pictures like this than smiling ones.



This child is so sweet. He's always willing to give his mama kisses.




1. For some reason he won't call Jesse "Dada." He usually calls him "Mama" or occasionally "Briggs" or "Jesus." It is hilarious. So then Jesse will point to himself and say "Dada" but then the boys follow suit and point to themselves and say "Dada," and when Jesse tries to correct them, they call him Mama again. It's a never ending cycle that constantly ends in laughter.

2. Loves ABCs. After I discovered he and Briggs knew a few letters without me doing anything, we really started working on letters over the last few weeks. He points out letters and says their names as well as identifies letters when we say them. He can identify/say "A, B, E, F, G, H, I, K, M, N, O, R, S, T, U, W, X, Y, and Z" He is really good at mimicking the sounds of letters and can even distinguish the M and N sound. 




3. He says a whole slew of words and loves to mimic sounds. Some words he says include mummy (yummy), keys, Briggs, Bapa (Grandpa), nack (snack), Jesus, stairs, right there, diaper, juice, up (every single time he stands up he says "up." Cracks me up every time), tree, duck, glasses, baby, and probably more. I'm not great at documenting what they say!

He is good at mimicking inflection and sounds and continues to learn new words at a rapid pace.
{La La Loo comes from one of our favorite TV shows Dinosaur Train.}

4. He is obsessed with technology. He loves phones, calculators, laptops, cords, cables, and anything else that looks like a piece of technology. We even let him play with my old netbook. He thought he was in heaven. He would sit down, open up the laptop, type, then close it and walk somewhere else to sit down again and repeat. Cracked us up.




5. He learned to crawl out of a pack n play at my parents' house. I put the boys down for bed one time while we were visiting and after a few minutes I heard little voices that were closer than the bedroom. And when I walked downstairs I found two little hooligans playing in a closet instead of sleeping. It drastically changed our time there and made for many days with late or no naps. Fortunately they haven't tried climbing out of their cribs yet, but they do visit each other or swap cribs so they know how to go between them.

6. He dances to all music. He has the cutest little booty bounce. 

7. Loves being outside. He runs and runs, collects leaves, and just loves every minute of it.

8. He loves balloons. 

9. He started saying "cheeeeeeese" for the camera and giving big smiles. Although they only last a couple of seconds so I don't always get them in pictures.

10. He loves his blanket, and usually he wants his binky with it. I'm trying to lay down the law and keep binkies just to bed time, but it's hard with his puppy dog eyes. I don't know if we will ever break the binky habit now. We should have just gone through with it the first time. Rookie parent mistake I guess.

11. All birds are ducks. And he says duck so cute so I love it.

12. Maybe this is TMI but he has started wanting to help wipe during his diaper changes. It kind of cracks me up.

13. He takes huge bites and multiple bites before he chews and swallows. It makes for spitting out a lot of mouthfuls that are too big for him to handle.

14. He is still obsessed with this Elmo. Poor "Melmo" gets packed all over the house.

But he also gets lots of loves, so maybe Melmo's life isn't too bad after all.

15. He has learned he can climb a little on the kitchen counters (and our dresser and their dresser.... ugh). It's a bit of a battle right now.



Briggs

This babe of mine also has the best smile, but he's a child of many faces, and the smiley one isn't always the one I capture.






He LOVES his mama and wants to be with me all the time.






1. He is also obsessed with letters. He knows all the same ones as Ian except he usually says M for both M and N. He also says D for D, P, and B. The way he says W is my favorite though.

And the two of them seriously read every letter they see. Any letters on the TV, the crunchy peanut butter, the welcome mat, my Ho Ho Ho socks, cereal boxes, etc.


2. He loves being held. In fact he is usually hanging on my legs begging to be held. It makes it hard to get things done.


3. He also learned how to crawl out of the pack n play. Once again, it made for some hard days. But it also made for some fun mornings when the boys would crawl out of their beds and into mine and give me snuggles. 

4. He also loves being outside. His collection items of choice are rocks. We also recently introduced him to his pockets and he does like putting his rocks in there.

5. He absolutely loves cars, trucks, and balls. He pushes cars around the house, up and down the stairs, and up my legs all day. I absolutely love it. He is also pretty coordinated with balls and can catch pretty well, shoot baskets, and kick.


6. He loves to point out items to me in books and pictures. He will point to something and sign what it is. Plus he is rather perceptive and understanding of more abstract concepts such as signing "cold" when he sees snow or that it is night in a picture. He is also very observant and will point things out across a room or in a picture that we hadn't even noticed. But if he is asked to find something he is unsure about he gives the cutest little grin.

7. He is starting to mimic more words but he is still mostly signs. He is very conversational with it and signs things in the most adorable way. He signs tree and outside way above his head which melts my heart, he's been trying to sign cow and horse lately and it just cracks me up because he twists his hand on his cheek for cow and then sticks a finger up on his forehead for horse. Oh he's just adorable.

8. He is highly emotional though and will throw a tantrum if something isn't working out for him. Let's hope it's just some "terrible twos" and nothing permanent but it is a struggle right now.

9. He loves packing things around the house. He especially loves keys, money, these little wooden birds, airplanes, or anything else that is little and is calling out to Briggs.

10. He is a more consistent sleeper (until I type this I'm sure!). He has gotten pretty good at either sleeping through the night or being up just once. Ian on the other hand is almost always up at least once if not a couple of times. So if I ever look tired that's my excuse. :)

11. His favorite show is still signing time and he absolutely has to dance to the theme song (as well as the end song on Frozen and The Lorax). He will come find me wherever I am in the house when that song comes on and we have to dance. Which of course means Ian wants to dance too. I used to not love it because it interrupted whatever I was doing, but then I reminded myself that I won't be able to hold both of them and dance forever, nor will they want to dance with me forever, so I now cherish that time as much as them. In fact it makes me cry right now just thinking about my babies growing up and not wanting to dance with me. I hope that never happens.

12. He takes tiny little bites of whatever he is eating. It's so cute how he nibbles!

13. He is still my biggest (and messiest) kitchen helper. He sees me with a bowl and he comes running... unless of course he's already on my hip.



14. Every time I take off his shirt he has to check out his arms like he didn't remember they were still there! haha

15. He loves these little dish towels (or maybe they were once burp cloths? I can't remember). Anyway, they are a similar texture to his muslin blankets that he likes so he packs these around the house and snuggles them.


No comments:

Post a Comment