Sunday, February 1, 2015

Heavenly Sunday

I had the most heavenly Sunday today. 

Jesse is out of town for work and being the brave mother that I am, I set my alarm for a lovely 6:45am (which I might have ignored for a little while) so I could get my little family of three to 9am church. After a quick shower and getting ready, my littles started stirring. 

We ate a moderately nutritious breakfast of Honey Nut Cheerios, yogurt, and maybe a few blueberries. And then on went the clothes. 

I'm pretty sure we were all dressed and ready to go by 9am. Except then I had to take pictures of the boys because they were so cute my heart almost exploded. 
{B}               {I}








But we did make it to church by the time the sacrament was being passed. That is a win in my book. And the boys were perfect sitting on the couch waiting for the sacrament. They were quiet and still for the entire time we were out there. Plus I had a text from my uncle saying they had room on their bench so I could sit with them (Oh yeah, by the way, did I mention we moved in next door to my aunt and uncle?? It's kind of awesome. I'll post about that at some point.)

They then did awesome in the chapel. They were quiet, played with their folder games, read books, pointed out babies, and just looked so darn cute. 

We did come home early though due to lingering coughs and runny noses from the cold we have had for over a week now. But we played outside, ate a snack, played more folder games, and took a nap. 
{B}


{I am such a sucker for those church socks on those cute little legs.} 

They woke up happy as larks and once again my heart burst with love for those little boys. I felt so much joy in my family and in my role as a mother. I cannot believe these sweet boys are ours.
Some days are really hard with Jesse gone and other days these boys are just the best little ones for their mama. 

{I} 

{I} 

{I} 

{B} 

{B} 

{B} 

We then took off to my grandparent's house for our FHE/Superbowl party. The boys were in heaven with all the people there to play with. 

Oh and because of this car. 
Briggs could push this thing around all day. It's nearly as big as him so I can't help but smile as he pushes it!


It's the simple things in life that touch my heart and make me so glad we took this crazy journey down the road of parenthood. These boys are our whole world and I can't imagine a better life for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment