Our Valentine's day technically started the night before when my aunt and uncle so graciously offered their teenagers to watch our boys while we went to the ward Valentine's Dinner.
We made an experimental dessert of lemon sheet cake, which lucky enough, turned out delicious, took our boys to their new favorite spot, and headed off to the church.
We ate a delicious ward-made cafe rio salad and even met some new friends! Win-Win.
And thankfully my Valentine still sat by me despite the lack of shower that time just didn't allow for.
{Welcome to the land of Motherhood.}
Afterward, we picked up the boys who came home kicking and screaming and we tried to win over their affection again. We had a tough act to follow, those boys of ours LOVE my aunt and uncle's house and their fun kids who play with them.
The next morning (actual Valentine's Day) arrived, along with a package from Grandma Dorius! The boys were rather unimpressed though and after several minutes of trying to get them to take a picture with the package, it all ended in tears and Ian storming off because he was not about to be in that picture holding a silly package.
{I} {B}
{B}
{I}
{B} warmed up to the idea once I started opening it.
{I} pretty much only came back for some tic tacs that Grandma thoughtfully included.
{B} absolutely loved the stickers and immediately put them on his face! I couldn't get over how adorable he was.
{We asked him to show us his kissy lips, but this was as close as it got! haha!}
They are still pretty kissable though if you ask me.
{I} on the other hand refused stickers and pulled them off as soon as I stuck them on him.
It's alright though because he's still cute.
And then we had multiple requests for Signing Time, and so Signing Time it was!
I kid you not, Briggs left his stickers on ALL DAY! Any time we tried to take them off he would squeal and run away. He took good care of them. But due to fear of them becoming fused to his face while he slept, I did sneak in after he fell asleep and tried to peel them off his face. Unfortunately the bonding process had already begun so after a wet rag and a rudely awoken, crying baby, we finally got those little love notes off his face. I honestly felt bad taking them off (and not just because it woke up my son and made him cry) but because he loved them so much all day.
After a rather lazy day, we whipped up a delicious dinner and had my brother and his sweet fiance over for dinner and then games after the kiddos went to sleep.
And since my boys were all over them from the time they walked in the door, this is how they would look with a baby.
Yes they are cute.
And at the end of the night, I thought it would be fun to take a group picture.
Little did I know I was working with goof balls....
and big headed people...
and squinty eyed people....
and wide-eyed people...
and ear blowing people....
And finally we agreed enough was a enough and this is as good as it gets with four adults... apparently.
Oh and we also exchanged gifts.
Jesse got me these beautiful flowers.
And I got him/us tickets to see Brian Regan!
Of course he questioned the authenticity of these tickets and inquired if Tuacahn would accept them. I informed him that we did in fact have real tickets, they just were a little ugly. But I'm also not an artist, so maybe it wasn't much better! :)
But the point of the matter is, I'm going to try extremely hard not to kill my beautiful Orchid, and Brian, we will be seeing you in April!





Hey! Good taste! My hubs and I are going to see Brian up at USU in April too!
ReplyDelete