Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Things I Love: Fifteen Months

Ian
Weight: 22 lb 10 oz (24th percentile)
Height: 32.3 in (81st percentile)
Head Circ: 46.4 (27th percentile)

Briggs
Weight: 21 lb 10 oz (13th percentile)
Height: 31.8 in (70th percentile)
Head Circ: 45.7 cm (14th percentile)

{It's serious work to get pictures of the two of them together these days. And that's not even expecting them to smile and look cute, just be together.}

{I}                            {B}

{This is watching a movie, probably the Lorax. Sometimes the easiest way to know who is who is to see what they are snuggling! Ian always has his blanket, and Briggs always has his pillow.}

{B}     {I}

{I}          {B} 

{B}                    {I} 

{B}                    {I} 

{B}                            {I} 

{B}                               {I} 
They are still wearing size 3 diapers, 12-18mo clothes, and size 4-5 shoes.

They usually wake up between 7:30 and 8am, have breakfast and play, nap from 10am-12pm, eat lunch and play some more, nap again or have quiet time from about 3pm-5pm, and awake again for dinner and more playing. They've been going to bed closer to 8-8:30pm lately.

They absolutely love reading books. They now find books they want to read, bring them to us, and then turn around and sit on our laps. It's about the greatest thing ever.

They are learning how to eat with silverware and love it.
{I}

They love walking to and from the car. Or really walking anywhere.

A new favorite pastime is jumping on the bed. They both think it's the greatest thing ever.
{I}


They still love stairs. Anytime they find stairs they could play on them for what feels like hours. They're still not completely safe on them though. Especially Briggs. That kid is impulsive and prefers to go down face first which has often led to him flipping over his head.

Their favorite movie is still the Lorax. I can't get them to sit through any others.

They love being in the kitchen and pulling out all the bowls, cookie sheets, tupperware, and anything else out of the cupboards.


Ian


Ian is such a sweet boy. He gives great hugs and snuggles and has learned to pucker when he gives kisses. He laughs and smiles easily and is easy going. He still loves doing somersaults and loves bath time. He drinks a lot of water from his sippy cup and is pretty good at trying new things.


Loves mimicking what we say but doesn't really say anything with meaning. And after months and months of working on sign language, he will finally do one clap for "more."



Still loves everything about shoes. Wearing them, playing with them, packing them around the house, undoing the velcro, etc.


Apparently he's awesome at giving hugs. He has always done more snuggling than actual hugging, but when he met this new friend, he instantly was giving him legit hugs! We were dying from the cuteness.

He does very exaggerated arm movements when folding his arms for a prayer.

He kisses everything. Anytime he's close to a wall I'll see a whole bunch of little kiss marks.

Loves our talking Elmo

Loves climbing. He is always on a mission to get on top of the table.

Loves Briggs. And loves sitting on him.

He has the greatest laugh. It sounds a little constrained but somehow conveys that he appreciates whatever efforts you are putting in to make him laugh.

Loves sitting in this window sill. Once I even caught him lifting his feet up in the air and doing a little dance. Cracked me up.

Is a big fan of the magna doodle. He loves drawing.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he is left handed. He seems to favor his left hand... or sometimes just uses both.

If we ever have bubbles in the bath tub, he always has a bubble beard.


He loves doing his "funny face"


He is just such an easy going kid.




Briggs



Briggs is our firecracker. He's still relatively easy going but he's a little more emotional and will throw tantrums when he gets mad. He's usually on the move and especially loves dancing. He's learning to run (I call it a "trot" because that's a little more accurate of a description) and it's absolutely adorable. He's my mama's boy and is often hanging on my legs waiting for me to pick him up.

Still shimmies and we love it every single time.

Absolutely loves dancing, especially on mama's hip

Thinks he's so cool when he walks backwards

Loves Elmo. Briggs dances when he sings and snuggles him.

Has crawled into his crib about four (or more) times. He climbs up the rocking chair and over the side into the crib. It makes me so nervous whenever I catch him climbing in. Most of the times I've just heard some wimpering and found him in his crib. Crazy kid.

Has learned the fine art of trading. If Ian has something he wants he will try to take whatever it is while simultaneously giving Ian whatever he has. A lot of times it works and they are both happy with the trade. Other times it takes a little more creative measures. 

He always wants to push the flash down on the camera any time I pull it out.

He has some amazing patience. He can wear this thing around his neck, or sunglasses, or a flower behind his ear.... This kid is awesome. Although, he's not so great with hats. I'm not quite sure why.



He seems to find food (like nutrigrain bars, or snacks in containers) somewhere and will bring it to me to open every time.

He loves this popper toy. It's the one with all the buttons/knobs/switches that make little characters pop up. His favorite is the twisting knob.
On this note, he's also learned how to unscrew about any cap he can find as well as open snap lids with his mouth. We can't trust him with tubes or containers any more.

This ball toy is still a favorite. He loves starting it, watching the balls fly all over, and then he tracks them all down when they inevitable pop all over the front room and puts them back in. He can play with it for two or three fifteen minute stretches in a day.

We've been singing "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" with the boys lately and Briggs totally gets to go up and down with the song. We're still working on timing sometimes but he does pretty well. 
(and don't mind my voice, I got sick and lost my voice)


I've caught him standing with one hand behind his back a few times. It's just too adorable!

He loves the bumbo. I use it to cut their hair so it's out every once in awhile and he learned he can sit down in it all by himself and he just crawls in and out of it all day long now. 

Loves coloring. It's a brand new discovery but he did awesome with it. He seems to favor his right hand more but he's still a wild card and does lots of things with either hand.

If you ask him how old he is, he usually does "So Big!"
We have been practicing how old they both are though and sometimes they give us a "one" finger.


He plays peek-a-boo with you and loves it.


And they both love playing with their dad. I just love the giggles that ensue from their time together. We just love these two so much and feel so blessed to have such great little boys! 


2 comments: