Friday, June 6, 2014

Things I Love: Fourteen Months

{May 28, 2014}

Fourteen months.
Where is the pause button?
I just want this stage to last a year or two. Is that too much to ask?
They are so much fun!



Things they love.

Being outside.
New foods.
Being on the go.
Climbing.
Stairs.
Finding their belly buttons.
The Lorax movie.
Brushing their teeth.
Playing with their dad.
Walking.
Sticking their legs out of their cribs.


Things I love.

Watching them walk aimlessly around the house.
Spending time on the floor playing with them.
Taking them places like the park, pool, or zoo. Even though it's hard and sometimes impossible by myself.
Dressing them up in cute little clothes.
Snuggles.
Nap time.
Going for nature walks where they touch every tree, plant, stick, wall, leaf, or post that we can find.
Listening to them play.
Being the one they go to when they're hurt.
Having Briggs wrap his little arms around my leg and grunt at me to pick him up.
When Ian brings his blanket and wants to snuggle.



Ian

Is more reserved. He laughs easily but doesn't get overly giddy

Has the cutest dance moves. He pretty much just bops up and down and doesn't move his body much, except his left arm. Sometimes that arm just gets to waving and it can't be stopped.

Has eight teeth.



Loves water and milk. He drinks so much.

Absolutely loves his minky blankets. And normally I make him leave all his sleep accessories (blankets, pillows, binkies, etc.) in his bed when he wakes up but the last week or two he's been adamantly grabbing his blanket and holding on for dear life. So now he likes to pack it around the house and stop and snuggle periodically.




And sometimes you just need to walk around naked while you carry your favorite blanket. 

Tries to copy everything we say like cracker, pasta, rooster, hi, thank you, dinner, chicken, cheese, up etc. And many more that I can't think of. He has conversational gibberish with lots of different sounds. He does say cracker undeniably, and things that sound remarkably close to "here" and "thank you" but it's mostly just copying what we say. He adamantly refuses to do sign language. I've nearly given up. I'm pretty sure they are going to talk before they choose to do sign language.

Loves doing somersaults.



Loves my hair. Especially if it's in a ponytail. He always turns my head and touches/pulls my hair.

Likes helping with the laundry.
And cried when I made him get out of the drier to start it. 

Loves the door of the gate. He doesn't care as much as Briggs to go up and down the stairs, he would just as soon open and close the gate and go through it.

Is still obsessed with shoes. 
His own shoes, our shoes, any shoes. 



Knows where his nose is. And sometimes even knows where his ears, eyes, and mouth are.

Always wants to be playing in the toilet water any time we are in the bathroom. 


Briggs


{Oh and don't mind his head covered in bruises. Apparently he walked right into a wall because he wasn't watching where he was going and landed right on his back with this one!}

Is crazy. He is more emotional with highs and lows with moments of hysterical laughter and tantrums where he throws himself on the floor and cries. He makes funny facial expressions and has big hearty belly laughs.

Loves to be outside. Every time we walk outside or I get him out of his carseat he shakes his little hands in pure excitement.

Went through a short phase where he'd actually keep something on his head for longer than two seconds.


Has learned that he can walk backwards and he thinks it's hilarious.

Loves phones


Loves to dance and spins circles, waves his arms, and does some high knees when the music is on.

Has seven teeth.

Still loves his pillow Grandma made for him. He packs it all around the house.





Says cracker pretty recognizably. He speaks more gibberish than anything else and doesn't copy as much as Ian.

Climbs. Everywhere. Up the washing machine, up the dresser, up the chair, hanging on the kitchen drawers.... etc. My mom calls him a tornado. It's fitting.


And sometimes he gets himself in some predicaments.  

But despite how wild this child is, he is so sweet. Always willing to give snuggles and kisses to mama, daddy, Ian, Elmo, his pillow, books, and anything soft.






Loves to kick his legs and splash his arms in the pool.
I don't know where he learned to swim-ish.
They definitely need some swimming lessons next year.



And you know what they don't love?
Me taking pictures of them without giving them my camera.
{B}

{B} 

{B} 

{I} 

{I}

Or making them try to sit together AND not touch my camera.
{B}                   {I} 










2 comments:

  1. These guys are so cute! Such little characters, I love it. I can't believe they are getting so old!

    ReplyDelete