On the next go around, don't ever stop breastfeeding, ever.
You may have thought it was a good idea to stop this time because your body was understandably tired and your babies weren't as interested, but you should have sucked it up and pushed on.
Meet our newest friend, Sami
Yes, a nebulizer system.
The plague just will not leave our house.
After a month of diarrhea, lingering mild coughs, eye infections, more occasional diarrhea, cold like symptoms, more eye infections, severe diaper rash, and now awful barking coughs and faucets for noses, the littles have been diagnosed with croup and double ear infections.
And this all started about a week or so after I stopped nursing.
You better believe I'm not giving up so easily next time. Maybe I'll be one of those moms who nurses until they're 5. {Ok I probably won't go THAT far.}
I am very frustrated with how sick everyone has been. I knew kids got sick, but I still was not prepared for how long and awful sicknesses could be. It's probably good no one told me though, because I may have hesitated a bit more before having them.
And for the record. Buying this one nebulizer is about the ONLY time we have gotten a 2 for 1 deal with twins.
Seriously, whoever says that most definitely does not have twins.
TWO sick visit payments
TWO sets of prescriptions
TWO noses to wipe all day
TWO sets of hacking coughs
TWO sad looking faces
TWO little boys who don't feel good.
It makes this mama sad.
Fortunately they do pretty good at staying happy even when they feel crummy.
{B}
{B}
{Ian was scrunched up cheesing it and I must have taken the picture at the end of the scrunch. Cracked me up.}
{I}
Briggs sounds like he's crying, but he's really laughing so hard he can barely stand it.
Oh man, that's rough. That's worse than rough. That's terrible! I'm so sorry, hope they get better soon!
ReplyDeleteIf it makes you feel better, Ali's little Tate had been sick for like 3 months....Nebulizer and the whole bit and she is still nursing! It doesn't always help so don't beat yourself up. Sometimes it is just the winter month germs being passed all around. He is finally better but seriously, he started coughing around Thanksgiving and just got better like 2 weeks ago!! If it wasn't one thing, it was another!! Jenn on the other hand couldn't nurse for long--no milk--and her daughter has been sick once in 16 months! Seriously?? I know, it isn't fair!
ReplyDelete