Sunday, September 1, 2013

Things I Love: Five Months

Oh my goodness, five months is so much fun! 
The boys are rolling machines, able to move anywhere and everywhere, they giggle, they anticipate things, they are grabbing at toys, they love singing and story time, they love to be talked to, they like seeing themselves in the mirror, they can't get enough of bath time, they love kisses from momma, they are awesome sleepers.

We can't get enough of their chubby cheeks, rolling thighs, bulging bellies, and laughs.

Things we love about Ian

He's still just adorable!

He's loved every minute of attention from Grandma during her visit.
He would prefer someone talk to him every minute.

 Ian is starting to sit up a little!
I don't know when my baby got so big!


He has the cutest bum. 

We have no clue what color their eyes are going to be.

He LOVES his blanket.
We put both of them to sleep with these blankets and he instantly wraps it into a ball, pulls it up to his face,  and usually sucks on his hands through it.

He has started chewing on his fingers 

He isn't scared of the camera and loves to smile.

Still has a big gummy smile.
We haven't found any teeth yet. 


He is getting better at holding toys and is very interactive. 

He is such a happy baby. 


Loves his tummy. 

When he gets to his side in the transition between back and tummy he (and Briggs) toot up a storm. We can't help but laugh.

Discovered his feet! 


Likes sleeping on his tummy and side. 

Trying to figure out how to scoot. He bends his legs, gets his bum in the air, and plants his forehead right into the floor. 
I wouldn't be surprised if he figures out how to crawl a little early.
Although I probably won't encourage it.
I LOVE this rolling everywhere stage and may be terrified of them actually being mobile!

He loves songs and books.

He should be a baby model.



He anticipates being tickled and loves to play with his daddy.


We only wore size 2 diapers for about a month before just going ahead and jumping into size 3.

And he is wearing 6 mo, 9 mo, and even some 12 month clothes.

Chub-a-dub.



Things we love about Briggs

He rolls everywhere. 
And all the time.
And into anything.

He loves finding himself in a mirror.

He doesn't quite understand the jumping part of the jumper. 

He loves his brother
{I}                               {B} 

He's not quite as interested in sitting up by himself, but likes it if someone holds him up. 


There is still LOTS of puke and drool at our house 

Briggs is not into the camera. 
I have to sing, dance, pull faces, snap, click my tongue, and anything else I can think of to get him to look at me. 



He makes the sweetest faces.
But you have to get pretty creative to get him to smile, and even then, his smile sneaks in shyly. It's adorable. 

He loves to talk to you. He can carry on a conversation for several minutes. 

He's always sucking in his bottom lip. 

He straightens out his legs stiff as a board.
He also constantly does leg lifts while he's on his back.
The kid must have some serious abs. 


He has also discovered his feet and thinks they are so entertaining.


He gives us the funniest facial expressions 


He also loves his snuggle blanket.

He lights up when you start singing to him.
Follow the Prophet and Zipity-do-da are two of our favorites.

We can't get enough of how darn sweet he is.

He does not like his vitamins and pulls the most awful of faces when he gets them.
He does absolutely love the bath though, so it all works out in the end.

Sucks on his hands all day long.


This child can roll.


The size 3 diapers a little big on him but that's what we're wearing now.

He also wears about any size of clothes we have. 

Growing....too......fast.....



The boys also love to dance.



I can't get enough of these gummy smiles. They're so much fun.

{B}                                      {I}

They seem to be looking more and more alike these days.
Jesse and I have both come home from work and guessed the wrong baby initially.

Can you guess who is who?

  



..........
.................
............................
.................
{I}                              {B}
{for all the pictures}

         

2 comments:

  1. Your boys are so sweet! I can't believe how fast they have grown!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to come right now and get those two straight. I totally guessed WRONG and thought Ian was on the right in all but the last picture! Oh my! I've got some serious work to do when I get there. Maybe you need to put their initials on their foreheads. I am so laughing at Briggs smirky pics!

    ReplyDelete