Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 34

1. I've been seeing a chiropractic intern from our ward for the last couple of weeks and it has been great for my back. My upper back has bothered me as these babies have messed up my ribs and of course my lower back and hips have been getting a little sore but a little time on his magic moving table and popping everything back into place has done wonders. I always leave the clinic feeling like a million bucks.

2. We lived this week like it could be our last as a family of two... just in case. We tried a new restaurant (Cheddars - which was awesome), went to a movie (OZ - it was fine), ate frozen yogurt (Yogurt Zone - Fabulous!), laid out by the pool (Yes, in all my round pregnant glory) and even did some finger painting on my belly (because how can you NOT with such a big round empty canvas?!) I even packed up the diaper bag for the most part and starting packing my hospital bag.



3. I went to an infant CPR and safety class this week which had some good tips and was a good reminder for me. There can never be too much practice in non-emergent situations so when those true emergencies come, you actually feel ready. I thought I'd be the only person there who had waited this long to take a class but there were two other people there due April 10 so I didn't feel quite as awful! I do have a breastfeeding class scheduled for next week that I would really like to make though so I'm pretty sure these babies can only come after that is over!

4. I saw both of my doctors this week and it is looking like we'll be planning a delivery day at my appointment next week, unless of course I go into labor before then (which, as I mentioned before, is not an option until after my class. haha). We didn't measure the babies this week because it had only been a week and a half since my last appointment and they only measure every 2 weeks or more. The perinatologist said we'd measure them next week and most likely be having our babies next week or the week after (putting me at 36-37weeks). Ummm WHAT?! I still cannot believe we're talking about having these babies here in the next two weeks! I honestly don't even know what or how to feel about the whole thing! It just has gone by so fast and I cannot believe we're already to this point!

5. My maternity pictures are digitally in my possession and I am excited to get some up on the wall in the nursery. And speaking of the nursery, we hung some picture frames up on one of the walls on Sunday and now we just need to decide how to finish the collage on that wall as well as how we're going to hang stuff on the wall above the crib. We'll be finishing that up this week so I should be posting pictures next week! I am loving how it's turning out!

6. Still no stretch marks. Thank you genetics! I can hardly wait to see what this belly will look like though once it is deflated. Should be entertaining!

7. I've had to get a little smarter and wear my compression socks. I wasn't so smart a few times and the results were disastrous and rather hilarious. So much so that we had to do a couple of videos. I've also decided we need to pull out Ruby and record our lives more. Life is just funny and needs to be documented way more than it is. I'm going to work on that. Especially once these munchkins come!




8. As soon as I said that Budsy doesn't get the hiccups nearly as often as Gus he's started getting them more! Gus still gets them 2-4 times a day but Budsy has been holding his own getting them about twice a day as well. What a strange feeling by the way! I know it's supposedly not as uncomfortable for them but it sure feels weird to me! haha.

9. I'm pretty sure I never had this so called "Nesting" stage kick in. Boy am I wishing it would hurry up and take over so I can get my apartment put together completely! I've been baffled as to how I get so few things checked off my list despite being home all day long. I start thinking I'm just lazy but then my sweet husband (who turns a blind eye to the chaos and lack of productive-ness) reminds me that I am currently housing two humans who may or may not suck out my nutrients and make me tired. His rational has become the popularly accepted one these days. I do have a list of "To-Dos before Babies" as well as a list of "To Buys for Babies" that I have slowly been checking off the list, but it's looking like this coming week is the week that everything needs to be crossed off. Let's hope it all gets done!


I'm not looking great in this picture but I figure at 34 weeks pregnant I shouldn't be required to look good! I did shimmy into that pre-pregnancy shirt however. I'm not quite sure if that was a good idea or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment