Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 33

Highlights

1. Jesse's parents came out for a visit. We actually picked them up, had lunch with them and my mom, and then dropped my mom off at the airport a little later! We definitely know how to stack in the visitors! We felt so lucky to have all of them come out one more time before the babies come. We put them to work unpacking, decorating, and working more in the nursery and our new apartment is really starting to feel like a home. Thanks again everyone for coming!

2. The girls from Jesse's work threw me a baby shower and it was amazing! They seriously know how to throw a party! I felt very spoiled and had a lot of fun. It's nice to feel so loved even when we're so far away from home! We had delicious food, fun games, great company, and these little boys got SPOILED. 

{The girls who made it all happen.}


 {The shower was hosted at Noah's so I even got to see my cute hubby}






 {These are girls from our ward-minus my MIL of course- and all except the girl to my left is pregnant right now! And that one girl who isn't, just had a baby 4 months ago. That's how our ward rolls. It's going to be ridiculous when in just a few months we'll probably have 15 new babies}

 


{My visiting teacher made these little booties, and yes there's a match for the other one I was just too lazy to keep digging}


 {And my other visiting teacher made these cute towels and also provided the awesome rubber ducks that tell you if the bath water is too hot! So awesome!}



 
{Another sweet girl from my ward made all these cute things! The little onsies with ties on them, cute burp cloths, and actual ties. She is seriously crafty}






 3. At the doctor's appointment this week they estimated Gus to be 4lbs 0oz and Budsy to only be 3lbs 4oz. We're wondering if the measurements were off a little bit because that is the biggest discrepancy we've had and it made me a little nervous. I was curious what the doctor would say about the big difference and he came in and really checked out the fluid levels, blood flow from umbilical cord, and monitored the heart rates closely and decided that since all those other things still looked great that we'll keep them baking for now. He did remind me though that essentially at any of these appointments if something doesn't look quite right he'll be sending me over to labor and delivery. YIKES! For whatever reason I was not ready to hear that! I've just been planning on keeping them in until 38 weeks so that came as a bit of a surprise. I decided that I should probably hurry up and get their room done and maybe pack a bag!

4. Luckily their room is coming together nicely and I can hardly wait to get it all finished! My sweet in-laws offered to buy us a glider, which I am SO EXCITED about, so that should be arriving sometime soon and as soon as we get the dresser mess sorted out and decide if we're setting up another crib now we can finish hanging the few things on the wall. It is a very happy room to be in and I can only imagine it gets better when sweet little babies will be in it! 

5. I've pretty much given up on wearing jeans these days. I've put on some reserves in my hips and thighs and it does not make it very comfortable to squeeze into jeans! My sweat pants are my new best friends!

6. The cankle situation is more under control this week. They nearly resemble my regular ankles! I still try to elevate them at least a couple of times throughout the day but they're not nearly as painful this week.

7. Jesse and I have had some tender moments this week and are trying to really enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy. But we are also getting very excited to hold our little boys. We went to the Temple with Jesse's parents and as we sat in the celestial room we realized it would most likely be the last time all four of us will be in the celestial room together until the boys prepare for their missions! It honestly made me tear up! I've gotten a little more emotional this week thinking about how soon this pregnancy stage is going to be over and we're starting into the biggest adventure of our life! I am feeling a little overwhelmed and completely excited at the same time. 

I've been loving on my belly just a little bit more.
Loving every minute of watching and feeling the boys roll around inside.
Enjoying my sleep.
Loving my changing body and growing belly.

We cannot wait to meet these little boys. To see what they look like and learn their little personalities. It seems like a big responsibility but I'm putting my faith in Heavenly Father that he can help us through.


And just for kicks and giggles...
I've been saying this (from The Santa Clause) since about 20 weeks but we finally decided to video it.




1 comment:

  1. You are the most darling pregnant lady I've ever seen. You look way better than most people only carrying one child! You are a DOLL! I am so excited for you, what a FUN time of life!!

    ReplyDelete