Highlights
1. One of the not-so-highlights was waking up with cankles at 32 weeks exactly. I've had some swelling in my legs off and on but usually just when I was up on my feet most of the day. I always wore compression socks while I was at work but I kind of got lazy and wouldn't wear them at home, but I never noticed it really being a problem. This week, it became a problem. No one should wake up with cankles, they should come towards the end of the day!
2. My mom came to town this week which was SO wonderful! She helped put tons of things away and we shopped until we dropped for decor for the nursery and did all things baby related. We washed clothes, hung clothes, folded clothes, re-purposed existing things, crafted, even bought me a few new shirts so I can fit into something again, and tried to find a little time to take it easy. It was great to have her here and I can't believe that the next time I see her I'll have two little babies!
3. I was privileged to go to the Temple this week with my kind visiting teacher. (For a little more information on LDS Temples click here.) It was so nice to get away from the world for a little while and think with an eternal perspective. The sweet Temple workers even pointed out how neat it was that my little babies got to come with me to the Temple that day. I cannot wait until we can take them to the Temple grounds and talk about what a special place it is. I am so blessed to have my family for eternity.
4. The crib and dresser are both set up in the nursery, but of course things can't go perfectly and one of the drawers on the dresser was broken. I spent quite awhile on the phone trying to find out if we could just get a replacement drawer because we REALLY did not want to disassemble the dresser to return it for a replacement or refund. Of course the company said there were no replacement parts available until June which is kind of out of the question. So instead they offered to ship a new one to our apartment and pick up the broken one. I'm just worried that they still want us to disassemble it which is a problem since A. we already threw away the box, B. it wouldn't fit back in the box even if we had it, and C. that is just a huge pain that I don't want to take the time to do! I'm just hoping they'll take mercy on my poor pregnant soul and take it back built. guess we'll see how that all shakes out.
5. Gus (Baby A) gets the hiccups at least 2 times a day, and often 3-4 times a day! Budsy (Baby B) will maybe get them once a day but sometimes he'll go a few days without having any. I've been told I got the hiccups all the time while I was in utero and after I was born (and for many many years) I would still get the hiccups several times a day. Poor baby. I feel his pain! I also feel like Budsy's hiccups are a little less noticeable to me though. I'm not sure if it is the way they are positioned or if Gus just hiccups more violently or what but I don't seem to feel Budsy's hiccups quite as much.
{Spent lots of time with these feet up}
{Jesse showing off how huge they are}
love your pics! So glad your mom could come visit!
ReplyDelete