Thursday, October 8, 2015

July and August

Alright, I'm behind the times, and this post has been sitting forever, so I'll just go ahead and publish it.
{B}                      {I}


The boys still point out airplanes every time they see them. And instead of just saying Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah when they see them, they can now actually say airplane!


1. Briggs goes up the stairs one leg after another like an adult instead of just double stepping and going up with the same leg. If that makes any sense.


2. Everything is labeled as big/mama or baby. One day I found the boys in Ian's bed with the giant giraffe and a little stuffed giraffe and they just kept saying "Mama Raffe!" "Baby Raffe!" And again the other day Ian had the big giraffe and started walking around the house saying "Baby Raffe... Are you??" Once it was found, Ian played with the mama giraffe and Briggs played with the baby giraffe. Then at some point Briggs hit the big giraffe with the baby giraffe and Ian hugged his mama raffe and said "Watch Out!"





3. Ian puts his sippy cup down the side of his crib between the slats every time he has it in bed.


4. The boys have turned into little helpers (sometimes). They say "clean up" in the most adorable way while they tidy up toys. 
Ian was helping me pack for our cruise and tried on my hat and I couldn't help but love how adorable he looked.

5. I had a rather impressive beanie baby collection when I was young, and my mom has saved them for me and sent a giant bin up with me one weekend and my boys have loved it! One day they got a kick out of burying me in beanie babies.  

6. Briggs is still obsessed with bath time and requests a bath daily. Usually I oblige, and give into the request for bubbles too.

7. They have impressive jumping skills. Briggs can clear a pillow, they can both jump up onto a curb, and they are obsessed with jumping on the tramp.





8. Oh yeah, have I mentioned we got a tramp? Jesse's parents gifted us with a tramp since we didn't take the boys on the cruise. I'm pretty sure we got the best ends of this deal.
{Although this is picture is not our tramp. Ours has an awesome enclosure that keeps the kiddos in. Except for the times we forget to zip it and one of them goes flipping off and lands on his back...}


9. Ian says "Woo Hoo!" to anything that he is proud of or excited about.
10. Ian (and maybe Briggs too, we just haven't seen it) can reach the light switches and turn lights off and on.

11. They are taking off in their language skills. They copy everything we say and don't stop talking any more! It makes for some fun conversations. You definitely become conscious of the things you say because they start coming out of your children's mouths.

12. {B} loves his pillow and blanket and packs both of them around the house on a regular basis. 



13. The boys were lucky enough to spend the first week of July with my parents and it was delightful for everyone. I got a ton of random little things done that I had been needing to do for months as well as enjoyed some alone time with Jesse, and I'm pretty sure the boys were in heaven at Grandma's house. We need to ship them off to Grandma's house every year.
And I know they sent me a ton of pictures but I'm too lazy to dig them off my phone. 

14. We had my parent's dog London for a whole month in July/Aug. She was pretty good although taking her for a walk with my boys in a stroller is a nightmare some days. She liked to walk around lots of poles so I would have to park the stroller and untangle the leash, she had to choose the route we would take and would stop at any given time if she didn't want to go that way, and of course my boys fought over who got to hold her leash. My boys love London and were so cute with her. Briggs in particular loved to play with her and growled while he shook her toys.



She thinks she's a human.
She also loves sunshine and will find any tiny bit of it she can and sit there.


15. They love helping me cook.




16. I had a rough go one day with {B} awhile ago where I had to laugh at how ridiculous my life was. It all began when I changed his diaper in the morning and he did NOT want it back on. Normally I do not let my children run around naked, but they went straight outside so I figured it was no big deal for him to run around naked outside for a little while. That was until I heard a little wimpery cry and found a lovely pile of poop {B} had left and in turn, stepped in! YUCK! So I scooped him up and took him straight to the tub, but as soon as I started the water the power company showed up at our door to pick up our dead fridge. Thankfully the day went uphill from there.


They can give each other a High 5, and it might be the greatest thing ever.





These boys are awesome. 
I love how full our life is with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment