Sunday, September 28, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray For Nursery!

It was a monumental day at our house today.
Our boys are officially 18 months old, which if you are a Mormon, means it's time for nursery! 

Nursery is where children aged 18 months to 3 years old go for a lesson, singing, playing, snack time, coloring, etc. for two hours of church while the adults attend Sunday School and Relief Society/Priesthood classes. This means it is a glorious break for the parents to actually listen to a lesson and find some spiritual enlightenment. 

Having been Nursery Leaders three different times, we have a huge appreciation for the people willing to serve in that capacity and love and teach our children. It is by far one of our favorite callings because the children are usually so cute and excited to be there.(Of course it's also very challenging when you have sad or clingy kids, ones who hit or bite, or the ones who think all the toys are "MINE." You also miss the social aspect of church and only know people as "so-and-so's Mom." But we like to look at the positive side at our house!)
And now it is fun to be on the other end of nursery!

Of course I made us late so we could snap a few pictures that the boys didn't want to do.
{I}

{B} 



{Yes they melt my heart. No you can't have them.} 

They especially loved wiping the letters off of the dry erase board.



They were a little rambunctious during Sacrament Meeting today so we wandered the halls for a little while and of course played on their favorite stairs.

And after church ended, I had to stay later to practice songs for our Primary Program that will be happening in a few weeks and this is what I found waiting for me when I got out.
Three very handsome and patient boys. 

I just love my boys! 

Sleepy head Briggs. Nursery sure wore him out. 
{Not to mention we didn't get home until almost 2pm which is way past nap time!}

 But by the time I took off his shoes and changed his diaper he was back with the living. 
And looking too adorable as his pants-less, calf-high socked self to escape a picture!

And so we say Hip Hip Hooray for Nursery! 
I hope the boys enjoyed it as much as their parents!


1 comment: