Nearly on a whim, I decided to do a little binky detox today. The boys typically only have a binky with their naps and bedtime but I've been starting to worry about ruining my children, so I figured why not try and see if they could go without.
I laid them down for the first nap with a pillow, blanket, and a kiss. They fussed for a few minutes and then quieted right down and went to sleep! Yippee!
The second nap I just wanted a nap myself so I tossed them in their beds, gave them each a binky and their respective snuggly items and I crashed on the couch. They of course revolted and didn't sleep a wink. Luckily they were making adorable noises in their beds and giggling with one another so I didn't even care.
We then decided to compound their cranky half-napped selves with frozen yogurt tonight to be sure to wire them for bedtime prior to cutting off the binky supply.
{I}
{B}
{B}
{I} decided to go ahead and move in and get comfortable.
{I}
{I}
{I} {B}
And yes that's natural frizz. I know you're jealous.
{I}
We brought them home from our outing, gave them a drink, and did our night time routine of teeth brushing, prayer, songs, and kisses, and walked out the door holding our breath.
So far, not a sound.... just two sleeping babies.
We'll see how our binky detox night goes!
I probably just jinxed ourselves and we'll all be up several times tonight.
But here's to crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, and wishing on a star we won't.








Awesome! Good luck!
ReplyDelete