Yes I'm way behind the times, but our Christmas is worth documenting no matter how late I am!
{Dec. 24}
I worked, of course. Fortunately it was a good day. I ended up discharging ALL of my patients and we shut down our floor. Of course this didn't happen until 7pm anyway, but I was at least out of the hospital right at 7pm instead of later like it usually is. I was heading home and Jesse had told me earlier that the power was out in our apartment which eliminated the option of cooking dinner. I thought Sonic sounded pretty good so I swung by on my way home and get us a romantic and greasy Sonic dinner.
I pulled into our complex and saw that lights were on in all the apartments but ours but I didn't ask questions because the minute I walked in I saw a sparkling clean house and candles EVERYWHERE! It was seriously awesome! We ate our Sonic dinner by candlelight and finally afterwards I learned the secret behind the power. It had been shut off earlier in the day but had come back on much sooner than Jesse had been told it would be. But he decided to have a Candlelight Christmas anyway. And honestly having the power on was perfect because we plugged in our Christmas tree and had all the candles and it was beautiful!
This was the first Christmas we spent with just the two of us since we were dating and since next year will be a whole different story we really enjoyed it! We opened our gifts and spent the evening enjoying one another's company. And then, we kicked it into gear. We packed up suitcases and prepared for a 6am flight the next morning for a surprise visit to Utah!
(I'm kind of in love with the fact that there were two extra little stockings this year! Even if it's just for show.... still so cute!)
(Best Jesse gift. Guitar with two little guitar onsies! Yes I'm awesome. :) )
(Best Danielle gift. This pillow is magical. I have it curl up around me and I sleep great! Score for Jesse!)
Jesse's family was doing Christmas all together at his sister's house and they had asked us multiple times if we could come and spend it together with all of them but we just didn't think it was feasible with my new job and Jesse's work. But about two weeks before Christmas the stars aligned and we bought plane tickets and didn't tell a soul.
{Dec. 25}
We caught our early flight Christmas morning and began our journey to Utah. We were slightly delayed in Denver and tried to postpone our skype time we were supposedly having with Jesse's family but apparently they didn't get the memo, because as soon as we had landed in SLC Jesse was getting phone calls wondering how come they couldn't find us on skype. We made up some lame excuse about being out with friends and that we'd call them soon and then grabbed our luggage, hurried to the shuttle, and got our rental car as quickly as we could.
(Yes, that was our rental car. We laughed pretty hard when we realized the keys we were holding went to THAT!)
We pulled up at his sister's house and we tried to just walk in but some people actually lock their doors apparently, so we knocked and our niece answered. We told her to stay quiet and we walked into the house. Then when we rounded the corner and saw everyone there were lots of shocked faces and tears.
We had successfully surprised them!
It took quite awhile for the reality to sink in with everyone and Jesse's dad declared it the best Christmas ever! We were so lucky we were able to come out and spend time with Jesse's family and know it meant a lot to them. My mom told us that they're never going to trust us with anything again since we didn't tell we were pregnant for so long and then pull stunts like just showing up in UT unexpectedly, but what can I say, that's who we are!
It really made for the best Christmas! We had no plans except hang out with family and they were more than accommodating so we could see everyone as much as possible. We were only able to stay for about 3 days but we made the most of them. We spent l;ts of time with family, saw Les Mis, slept in, saw snow, and honestly didn't take very many pictures! Here's the portions that were documented:
We saw Jesse's grandma
We even were able to squeeze in a quick visit with the Shelton's who happened to be in Northern Utah from California!
Had an adults only dinner
And this is me trying to be as crazy as Jesse
Once again, Best Christmas Ever. So far.

BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!
ReplyDeleteIt was SO much fun to see you! It was my very own Christmas Miracle!
ReplyDelete