Once the boys turned two I haven't felt quite as obligated to post monthly updates. I hope I don't regret that later. I'd still like to keep up on what's going on in our life though so I'm still going to try some monthly "Life as we know it" posts. We'll see how it goes.
Currently life as we know it is CRAZY!
Between me working full time, Jesse traveling/working (sometimes) more than full time and two growing busy boys, we are lucky some days to even see each other.
But life is good. Our boys light up our life and keep us laughing. I take so many pictures every single day that they will never all make it on the blog, but I try to capture a snapshot of what is going on in our life right now.
Between me working full time, Jesse traveling/working (sometimes) more than full time and two growing busy boys, we are lucky some days to even see each other.
But life is good. Our boys light up our life and keep us laughing. I take so many pictures every single day that they will never all make it on the blog, but I try to capture a snapshot of what is going on in our life right now.
Briggs grabs my hand and leads me all over the house to wherever or whatever he wants. Ian has just started using that same technique lately.
Ian says "Bye! Seeyoulater."
They love looking for ladybugs in our backyard. My favorite part about it is while they look they say "Bug! Whereyooo?"
Finding Nemo is a favorite movie right now and every time Mr. Ray comes singing in the boys kick their legs or dance around.
I had my 27th birthday at the beginning of May which honestly was a mother appropriate birthday filled with work and a puking child but then two of my friends took me out for dinner a couple of days later and it was perfect.
Also my mother in law got me this awesome shirt that is my new favorite article of clothing.
And I might have splurged a whole $12 at Walmart on these cute shoes.
Ian found my work badge one day and wore it around our house for the longest time.

They will clear their plates into the sink when they are done eating with just a little prompting.
They still love to jump everywhere. And Briggs likes to perform.
Ian has started saying "OK" to everything and the way he says it he makes everything sound like it is my idea. For instance, he will ask for a cookie and I'll say, "you want a cookie huh?" and he'll say "OK!" It's kind of hilarious.
Another favorite thing they say is "Oh man!" and "Oh shoot!"
Another favorite thing they say is "Oh man!" and "Oh shoot!"
We introduced Briggs to frisbee. Ian didn't care much but Briggs thought it was awesome!
The boys (specifically Briggs) have officially picked their individual cribs. We used to just plop them in either and no one cared but now they have their specific spots that they like to be.
Speaking of those particular crib spots, Briggs' crib is pretty special to him. If I don't hear from him for awhile I usually find him hanging out in his crib. I have even caught him trying to take mac n cheese into his bed. He also likes to sleep with a whole bunch of stuffed animals. He's particularly fond of all his sharks in his bed.

Sometimes we do pull ups. The boys are pretty good at them.

Ian is obsessed with ice cream, pronounced "eye-mees" and requests it about once a day. or after any activity such as swimming or playing at the park. They are also great sharers.
This is one of our favorite tricks.
They are obsessed with baths. They had a two hour bath the other day and requested another bath that evening! They especially love bubbles.
I got them these shopping carts awhile ago and hadn't pulled them out but on a rainy day I put them together and the boys (Ian in particular) have loved pushing their carts around. They also fight over the fake potatoes that came with the carts. I'm not sure what it is about the potatoes but it is funny.
{I}
{I}
When they see themselves in the mirror or the reflective drain thing in the tub, they say "luuuv yooo"
They were sick for what felt like the first three or so months after we moved to Utah but they have been healthy for quite awhile up until the last week when they got a lovely cold. Oh and Briggs had some random stomach bug for a few days. And miraculously Ian did not get sick! I have no idea how that happened because the germ exchange I saw did not add up.
Ian feels obligated to put toilet paper in the toilet whenever he notices the toilet is open, or he sees toilet paper, or he stands in the bathroom too long.... etc.
It has become a battle to brush their teeth lately. I don't know what the deal is with that.
They are the most snuggly boys. Morning time is my favorite time. They crawl out of their beds and into mine and I love it
They have chosen their little table over their high chairs for a couple months now so we have officially packed away the high chairs in the basement. It might make me a little sad that my babies are growing up, but at the same time, there are a lot of perks of them being bigger.
(Oh and they also love candle lit breakfasts, lunchs, and dinners)
(Oh and they also love candle lit breakfasts, lunchs, and dinners)
These boys of mine are still into their binkies. I haven't got the heart to take them away yet, especially with the chaos that has been introduced with me suddenly working so much Plus I have noticed that when they don't have a binky for awhile they shove their hands into their mouths and start drooling all over the place.
We bought a season pass to the aquarium so I anticipate lots of fun times there. Briggs still loves everything about the exhibits, Ian still prefers to run but is getting more interested in the exhibits every time we go. Plus they love the big play area there. It's a really fun place to be.
I ordered a couch from Target and I built it from this box. I'm awesome.
The boys love them some "pippa"
I can't help but kiss my boys all day. And I think they kind of like it.


























































No comments:
Post a Comment