Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mother's Day

Warning: Husband Post.
Just thought you should know.

I've been not-so-subtly asked to write about Mother's Day. By my wife. For a week. So before I'm officially in the dog house I figured I'd better post something.
Insert Wifebaughts: This makes me sound like I was forcing my husband into saying nice things about me. While this is a nice bonus, I was also just feeling a little lazy and didn't think the husband had made enough appearances lately.

My wife is genuinely amazing. And no, I'm not typing this under duress. Danielle is honestly one of the most remarkable people I know. She's capable, beautiful, friendly, funny, sweet, thoughtful, well-educated, adventurous, passionate, and my very, very best friend. Given the choice between hanging out with her and doing just about anything else, I'd choose her every time. Unless Bill Cosby is in town and wants to have lunch. Bill, if you're reading this, call me.

She's a fantastic mother and wife. She sincerely loves being a mom and somehow manages to balance motherhood with her full-time job as a nurse at Primary Children's Hospital working with babies, so she's kind of a mother at work, too. And she LOVES it! She's commented to me several times how she can't believe they pay her to take care of babies, and it doesn't surprise me a bit.

Danielle also is great at enjoying the little things. The smallest new word or quirky mannerism from our boys just thrills her to her core. Basically the whole raison d'ĂȘtre of our blog is that she literally can't contain her motherly enthusiasm to people in her immediate vicinity. She wants... nay, she needs to shout it from the rooftops and share it with as many people as possible.

Because of all of this I was determined to give her a particularly meaningful Mother's Day gift this year. You can check her Instagram for pictures (@daniellearich), (or check out the picture I added) but I got her twin Willow Tree figures that I know she'd had her eye on, and also a necklace with two silver star charms on it to represent our two boys born in Texas. She loved it, which made me so happy. She's always been the more thoughtful one in our marriage, so it was great to surprise her with a gift that wasn't panic-bought the night before, as is my wont.
These gifts literally brought me to tears. My two little boys (and of course my sweet husband) are my whole world. I feel so blessed to be a mother to these two boys. and love that they are mine forever. I also love that now I can wear this sweet necklace all day every day to keep my boys close to my mind and heart, and yet it feels like my own little secret. It's awesome.

And of course how could I not be in love with the little willow tree twins. They were made to live in my house. 


As for my own mother, simply put, she is the reason my standards for a wife were so high. Because of her example I knew from a young age that great women were out there, so I kept looking till I found one for myself. Thanks, Mom!

Here are some pictures Danielle's mom took that day. The boys weren't cooperating 100%, but the pictures turned out pretty good anyway.

This is my happy spot.
Surrounded by my boys.
{I} in yellow, {B} in green






No comments:

Post a Comment