Friday, April 3, 2015

Things I Love: Two Years Old!

My babies are two. 
TWO!!
{I will post about our celebration for them later. 
I barely made it through this monster of a post!}

I can't believe my babies have grown so quickly.
{I}           {B}

Just two short years ago I had two little babes under 5 pounds.




 Now I have little babes who climb everywhere, say and do funny things, and do not sit still for  anything, including pictures. 
Luckily, they still like giving their mama snuggles so that helps. 
Life is pretty good with two year olds.

Stats

Ian
Height: 34.25 in     55th percentile
Weight: 25.5 lbs      20th percentile

Briggs
Height: 34.65 in     66th percentile
Weight: 25.3 lbs     18th percentile

This was the first time they stood up on a scale to be weighed and stood against the wall for their height, so who knows how accurate it is. In fact they were kind of guessing on Briggs' weight because he did not want to stand on that scale for longer than a second. Either way they are still just skinny little things.

{I in orange pants}       {B in grey pants}

The boys were seriously EVERYWHERE. 
I took my mom, dad, and sister with me and it was a full time job for everyone to keep track of them. 

They had this moment of "Ring Around the Roses" that was adorable. 



And we got smarter as the photo shoot progressed and stuck them on this wall so they couldn't go very far or fast.



Ian loves to give Briggs snuggles.
And even tries to snuggle him when he's not close enough to snuggle.


They are such climbers!

Grandpa is their favorite person ever. When we picked him up from the airport the boys immediately shouted "BAPA!!!" and kicked and bounced and were so darn excited. I haven't ever seen them get that excited over anyone else.
They also love being pushed in the swing together. They will even request to be together.

{I}                  {B}

The boys are up on the counter more times than I care to count in a day. It is a constant battle.

I guess your brother is as good a place as anywhere to rest your feet.
{I}           {B}

Horton Hears a Who is currently a favorite movie. They sign and say "elephant" when they want to watch it.

These boys have the greatest smiles when they want to cooperate. 
I just love them!
{B}                {I}

While we were in St. George the boys (Briggs in particular) wanted me to climb on the playground and go down the slide with them. 
{B}   {I}

I know it is hard to believe my parents are old enough to be grandparents. :)
They are so cute with these boys of mine.
{B}     {I}

The boys got to watch uncle Kadin play in several soccer games. 
I absolutely love their bucket hats. As do they.
{I}               {B}

We feel bad for lonely babies who don't have a buddy to hug and kiss all day.
{I}                  {B}



After many weeks of practicing, I think the boys have finally figured out who is who. Although just before this video they were doing the wrong name with the wrong baby, which was hilarious. But it's still really cute that they know who each other is.


The boys have twin friends down in St. George so we try to get together when we can. It's kind of awesome to see duplicates when they're together.
{I}     {B}

The boys love swimming! They especially love jumping in from the side of the pool. They will jump in until they are shivering so bad they can't! They were even brave (or crazy) and wouldn't jump into our arms but instead jump off to the side and they would go under water for a second. I need to do some swimming lessons this summer for these fish.
{B}                  {I}


The boys are also obsessed with trampolines. I'm sure you haven't noticed, but we have spent a lot of time in St. George lately, and it seemed like most days when we were outside playing the boys would end up on the neighbor's tramp. Hopefully they are OK with us commandeering their tramp occasionally.

Both boys are a little obsessed with brushing their teeth with as many dips in the water as I will allow.

The boys love being outside especially when they can be surrounded by water, fish, ducks, and turtles.
{B}         {I}

These boys are definitely my buddies.
{B}            {I}

They both climb out of their beds about 98 times at nap time and bedtime so I have taken the cribs apart a couple of times to see how they would do. 
It has not gone well either time. 
They just jump and play and slide out and don't like to stay in them. It's been a challenge. But I don't know what to do with these monkeys.
{B}                          {I}


The only reason Ian is in his bed in this picture is because he fell asleep in my bed and I moved him. 


They love playing with money. I dump it out for them and they put it in the slot and fill up the jar.


One morning Ian got up earlier than Briggs and when he came downstairs and found Briggs awake he quickly said "HI!" and they gave each other a great big hug
{B}          {I}.
{B}             {I}

And then they walked down the hallway holding hands.
Seriously, it doesn't get cuter.
{B}               {I}

I put the boys in these ties one Sunday and couldn't help but melt from the cuteness that radiated.
{I}                {B}


Jesse has been traveling a whole lot lately and so there have been several Sundays where these two are my dates to church.


All the sudden they started doing somersaults again. But the first night they were trying to do them it was hilarious. They looked like they couldn't remember how to roll. I laughed so hard. 




 They still love helping me cook. This might have been a favorite because they were licking powdered sugar off the table!
{B}             {I}


This is heaven in my book. I absolutely love when my bed is full in the mornings.


Ian
This boy is so happy, independent, sweet, snuggly, and cute as they come. He is a terrible listener, runs without looking back, and has a mischievous grin when he has something in mind. He loves being on top of the counter or exploring the fridge. He likes being around other kids and still loves his blanket and binky and requests them throughout the day.







1. Ian loves to snuggle. At bedtime he likes to crawl out of his crib and will come crawl into my bed and wait for me to come snuggle him. I think he just likes to snuggle to sleep. I try not to love it as much as I do because I don't want to establish bad habits, but at the same time, he is just so darn sweet I can't help it!
He also really likes my hair. He points it out to me, especially when it is wet or different than usual, and he likes to stroke it.



2. He is talking like crazy! I was gone over the weekend, and when he came in to my room the morning I was back he instantly said "Mama!" "binky, blanket, drink, Briggs...." and anything else he saw and could think of. He is cute.

3. He LOVES outside. One day he was only wearing a diaper but found these gloves and then signed and said "shoes," "outside." I told him he needed more than just shoes and gloves to go outside, but he happily got dressed and enjoyed playing outside. It was the first time I remember him putting together a slightly more complex thought that if he put on his shoes he could go outside.

4. Since Grandpa is his favorite person, it is only fitting that Grandpa Todd (my uncle who lives next door) is a nice substitute. He looked so cute the day he wore his backpack over to their house to play.

5. Ian sometimes likes wearing my socks. It's kind of adorable. 

6. Slides have become a favorite thing. Ian has always loved the swings but he has been branching out and liking the slides more and more.

7. Stairs are still an obsession. He still likes to say "stairs" with every stair he goes up or down.

8. The day I put the boys in ties I was so surprised that they instantly were fine wearing them. Ian even found it later, put it on himself, and wore it all over the house.

9. Balloons are still Ian's obsession. He sees balloons in stores and instantly starts saying "moon" and wants it. I even bought him these two birthday balloons a week before his birthday because I knew he would love them. And then we taught him to say "Happy Birthday." It is one of my favorite things he says. 
Also this picture is one of my favorites. Ian taking his wagon and pet balloons for a walk.

10. Ian pushes this little cooler all over the house and stores things in it. I looked for these sippy cups for the longest time before I thought to check in there.


He has even started storing himself in it.

11. Ian is still the more independent and just does his own thing most of the day.

12. He wanders around our house looking for me hollering "maaaamaa! maaaaaammmaaaa!" I love it.

13. We got some "Happy Birthday" balloons a week before their birthday and we taught him to say Happy Birthday. He now will say Happy Birthday when he sees balloons. He is also still completely obsessed with balloons.



Briggs
This little one is passionate, easily absorbed in toys, loves being on his mama's hip, and is as sweet as they come. He is totally obsessed with trains and fish right now. He struggles with bedtime and seems to get out of his crib more than Ian and always wants to bring his train in his crib but gets frustrated when the cars come apart. He likes to jump, crawl on the back of the couch, and of course climb the counter as well. He is a little less snuggly, but is still generous in his kisses and hugs.








1. Briggs is in love with fish. He likes to sleep with little toy fish, wants me to draw fish, and sees fish in any swoopy design he comes across. Because of the love of fish, we took them to the aquarium for their birthday. Briggs couldn't get enough.

It is kind of hard to see, but he is holding three fish while he sleeps. It doesn't get much cuter than that.

2. Briggs is a big fan of Grandma. When we are in St. George he crawls out of his pack n play in the morning and doesn't even say hi to his mama but instead goes straight for Grandma.

3. He is such a good sport about things. He just goes with the flow and is usually happy doing it.

4. He of course loves "Bapa" as well. I can't think of anyone who really compares.  

5. He is also in love with slides. He hasn't had any hesitation lately, just crawls up and goes right down on his belly. 


6, He loves animals. Any and all.


7. He is such a monkey. He climbs in and out of his crib like it is nothing. In fact sometimes I won't hear from him for a little while and I will just find him laying in his bed.


8. He has been a good little eater lately. He is a big fan of lettuce which cracks me up. What child loves lettuce?

9. Briggs likes to wrestle and tackle Ian. Fortunately Ian is really easy going and doesn't seem to mind it when Briggs randomly comes up to him, wraps his arms around him like he is going to give him a hug, and then throws him on the floor!

10. He apparently is not bothered by random things on his head. We got his shirt stuck for a little while and he just rolled with it.

This time I tossed his blanket on his head and he didn't even flinch.... just sat there for awhile. 

11. This child likes to pop bubbles with his feet. He will hold on to my legs and stick one leg out and try to pop the bubbles. It cracks me up.

12. He seems to sit in any bin he finds. 

13. I found 3 brown hairs on his head. It is the strangest thing to catch a glimpse of those dark hairs on my little toe head. 

Two years old has never looked so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment