Easter Weekend was a treat because we had Grandma Dorius for the weekend and Brad and Taryn for a day. Plus it was Conference weekend which was a bonus. It is always a great experience to listen to a Prophet of God speak in these days as well as the apostles and other leaders. We truly are blessed to know that God's church has been restored and that we have a Prophet to lead and guide us today just as people did anciently.
I am also grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who was resurrected for me. I know he lives.
Things were a little loud at our house, but at least Elmo had a good view.
We started Easter weekend with a trip to Hangtime with Brad and Taryn.
It took Briggs awhile to warm up, and Ian mainly wanted to hang out with the giant balloons that were out for a party, but they eventually stayed on the tramps for more than 20 seconds.
{B in blue, I in green stripes}
My mom treated us with cinnamon rolls. It was heavenly.
My mom is a master cinnamon roll maker.
We dyed Easter eggs.
The Easter Bunny made it to our house.
He hid the eggs very appropriately for our hunters' level.
The boys enjoyed their toys.
And the treats were a hit.
Ian was hilarious because he found a few eggs and then realized there was candy in them and suddenly he didn't feel the need the find any more.
He just kept saying "look!" "treat!" He honestly didn't eat much but he sure loved packing them around.
The boys got these robotic fish that are water activated and are super fun to watch.
Unfortunately in a moment that I wasn't paying attention, Briggs put his fish in the toilet to swim and for some random reason decided to flush the toilet. I didn't even know how to save it because I walked in as he was flushing.
Thankfully he got over it pretty quickly and didn't shed a tear. I on the other hand, wanted to cry.
We got a little crafting done which was awesome!
We also went shopping.
We snuggled.
We drank "juice."
And we made freezer meals to stock up our freezer for when I go back to work.
(This statement will require two follow up posts. One of which to discuss the freezer meals we made, because we made some awesome ones, and the other to unscramble my thoughts about going back to work. They will come.)
It was a perfect weekend!








No comments:
Post a Comment