20 months
{As of Nov 28}
November was a crazy month for us.
{Well what month isn't crazy for us?}
But this month seemed especially crazy.
The boys were sick for nearly all of November (with colds and then what I self diagnosed as hand, foot, and mouth disease. Luckily that was pretty mild, especially for Ian, Briggs did however get some pretty big sores around his mouth) and Jesse was gone for two weeks making for an exhausting month.
Luckily these boys are seriously adorable.
I tell them on a daily basis that I want them to quit growing and stay this size forever.
Jesse has mentioned on a couple of occasions how funny it is that we have little gremlins who live at our house. Haha!
But in all seriousness, this was a big month for us.
Our children are finally paid off!
That's right!
Their NICU stays.... paid off!
Briggs' extra hospital stay..... paid off!
And two surgeries...... paid off!
Yay hurray!
{B} {I}
Ian
1. Loves blocks, and he is awesome at them. He works hard to build tall towers and can get up to 10 or 11 with very minimal assist from me. He also is hilarious because he only claps for himself after he has at least 4 high! haha.
2. Likes to climb in the sink and sometimes he turns on the water but that scares him so he instantly starts crying.
3. Has a big cheesy grin that melts your heart when you tell him to smile. I especially love his smiley eyes.
4. He still loves his binky. (Yes we gave up on that whole binky detox thing. When they were waking up every couple of hours at night, I couldn't take it anymore and I gave them back.) I do worry a little bit (like always) because he really likes his binky and his blanket so I worry how the transition is going to go when I actually get strong enough to take it away for real.
5. He is pretty much happy all the time.
6, When he gets hurt just a little bit (as in not enough to cry) he scrunches up his nose and makes a little "ohhhh" noise. It is so darn cute.
7. He dances to about all music he hears.
8. He doesn't like getting out of the tub. He has stayed in for an hour before! I pretty much have to carry his little body that is frozen in the same position right out of the tub.
9. Started saying a few words!! He says "Hi," "uh-oh," "eggs," "eyes," "Mimi," "Papa,"
"duck," "snack (nack)"
And his "Hi" is the most adorable thing ever. He pretty much says it anytime he sees you and he really inflects his voice and draws out his "hiiiiiiiiiiii" (I keep trying to get a good video of it, but so far I haven't had great luck. Hopefully I'll get one and update.)
10. He has also started signing more things again. It's been rather helpful.
11. He can do somersaults with Briggs. (It seems like he's been able to do this for a month or two but I can't remember if I had ever written it down.)
12. He is obsessed with climbing. And especially packing things up to high places.
13, He likes to hug my legs and walk with me.
14. His run is more of a gallup. It melts my heart with every bounce.
Brigham
1. He loves buckles and practices them several times a day. He has gotten remarkably patient with them as well.
2. Loves being held.
3. He has the greatest grumpy face. He started making that face which cracked us up and we started making him do it on command which he totally does, although sometimes I wonder if he is actually just more grumpy than Ian.
4. He has three of his canines that have broken through the gums.
5. He isn't quite as attached to his binky and has been known to occasionally sleep all night without it.
6. He requests a treat, specifically goldfish, all the time. And because he looks so darn cute signing "fish" I can't help but give it to him.
7. He can say "hi" and "uh-oh" as well.
8. He still absolutely loves signing time. He waves his right pointer finger around every time it comes on and he always wants to be held and dance.
9. He is really friendly and waves at total strangers and about everyone he sees.
One day we were watching episodes of AFV and a cranberry commercial kept coming on with the cranberry farmers, and every time it came on Briggs would start waving at the TV. Jesse and I thought it was funny but we weren't quite sure why he was doing it until one time we actually saw the very start of the commercial and saw that one of the farmers waves at the beginning, so Briggs was just waving back! Haha! It cracked us up. What a friendly kid!
10. He also loves dancing. Especially if I am holding him. And it's even funnier if I am also holding Ian. They love dancing together in my arms.
11. He is my kitchen helper and has even learned to flip pancakes.
12. He hits his head when he is upset, either with his hand or on the floor. We have been trying to remind him to be gentle with himself. He will sometimes just rub his head gently now instead of actually whacking himself.
13. He is still obsessed with pointing everything out to me. And I don't mind acknowledging. I love watching him discover the world.
14. He is also my little collector of things. He always hands me leaves and rocks and any other treasures he finds. I love it. He also loves DVDs and takes them out of the DVD player and every single case he comes across. I don't love that quite as much. But at least he brings them to me!
They both love to walk up and down stairs without holding on to anything, be outside, and take off their shoes and socks when they aren't absolutely necessary.
They love singing songs (some favorites are Itsy Bitsy Spider, Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, If You're Happy and You Know It, 3 Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree, The Wise Man Built His House Upon a Rock, and Once There Was a Snowman.)
They are best buddies. Occasionally they get on one another's nerves, but for the most part they are so happy to be with each other and they just play and play.
They both like to play peek-a-boo (particularly Ian.) Almost every time, they cover their eyes and wait for me to ask "Where's ______" and then they throw their arms out showing me where they are, and then nearly immediately they show me where their dimples are! Haha. Cracks me up.
I just love these boys!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment