Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude: 10. My Grandpa Skalla

Today I am grateful for my wonderful grandfather. 

He was the type of grandpa who would let us steer the car before we could drive, let us win every game we played, and always had doughnut holes for us in the bread box. 
He was a hard worker, never complained, and would do anything to make us happy.
We called his belly our "pillow," he wore a belt with his name on it, and I'm convinced we were the most loved grandchildren ever.

I was blessed to be named after this great man and although he passed away just a month after I was married, I want our children to know about my grandfather and what a wonderful heritage they have. This is why we named Brigham after Grandpa Allan. 

While we were in St. George recently, we went and visited my grandfather's grave. I miss him.
It made me sad to know my children won't get to know him in this life, but I know he's watching over them from above and I look forward to the time we'll see each other again.

Until then, I love you grandpa!

{Namesakes: Danielle Allane and Brigham Allan}



No comments:

Post a Comment