Or in our case two names and two blessings.
During our "layover" of a day and a half, between Dallas and Hawaii we stayed in Provo and blessed our babies surrounded by family and friends.
We decided long before the boys arrived that we wanted to take our babies to Utah to bless them so our families could be involved. I'm so glad we did.
The boys were almost four months which was older than I had envisioned in my head, but it just worked out so perfectly.
Jesse gave them beautiful blessings and I received confirmation that the names we chose were the right names for our sweet boys.
Ian Jesse
We simply liked the name Ian from day one and his middle name is obviously after his dad. My family comes from a long line of naming the first son after the dad and I hope he grows up to be just like his daddy.
Passionate, creative, loving, comical, and just a little goofy.
Brigham Allan
Once again, we just fell in love with the name Brigham. It wasn't even on our board of names for the majority of the pregnancy, but one day it came to me and it just felt right. Allan is after my grandfather, (who I am also middle-named after). My grandpa passed away a month after Jesse and I were married and I miss him every day. He was the perfect grandfather and a wonderful man. I will teach Briggs about him and hope he can grow up just like him.
Hard working, mild mannered, truthful, sweet, and knowing what's important in life.
This is the group of priesthood bearers who laid their hands on Ian and Brigham's heads during their blessings.
The boys are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful men who are great examples of valiant living. I hope my boys can grow up to be like any one of these men.
Proud Grandpas
Beaming Grandmas
And beyond lucky parents
These are my cousins.
The other set of identical boys.
And of course with my twin siblings as well.
Who would have guess we'd have three sets of twins in 14 years.
My mom blames my grandparent's righteous living.
I think she's on to something.
It had been a whirlwind and the boys were starting to give me faces like these.
{Briggs}
{Ian}
So I figured I would take some more pictures of them later.
And later I did. As in three weeks later. Oops!
That's what happens when you go to Hawaii, and then come home and get sick for the two weeks after that. But alas, we got a few taken.
Ian
Brigham
Barefoot babies
{I}
{B}
{Briggs} {Ian}
Cute pictures, it was so fun to be there!
ReplyDeleteWhat a special day! How lucky those boys are to have such amazing parents and four wonderful grandparents and even some great-grandparents!
ReplyDelete