Despite being able to fall asleep at any given moment without warning, my mother has reassured me that I am in fact not narcoleptic, but am a mother.
There is laundry strewn around the house in desperate need of folding, bills spread on the table needing to be paid, dishes stacked in the sink waiting to be washed, and the next size of clothes need to be sorted.
But instead...
I danced with Briggs.
I snuggled with Ian.
I thought about how I could rearrange my furniture to make more room for the various baby accessories we've most recently collected.
I kissed Briggs when he rolled head first into a toy.
I tickled Ian's chubby belly.
I sang songs, read books, and made ridiculous faces at them.
And in return I got lots of smiles, giggles, and sweet baby loves.
It was the most perfect of motherly days
{These were taken back in July but I'm usually the one behind the camera so I had to share some of me and my boys.}
(three months old)
Ian
Brigham
This mothering gig is hard, stressful, funny, and absolutely wonderful. It is definitely for me. And I'm so grateful Jesse works hard so I can stay home more with our handsome boys.






No comments:
Post a Comment