I don't have any stats this month because their next appointment isn't until four months but they are growing and of course getting cuter each day. I've decided that every stage is my favorite.
I try not to long for weeks past or rush into months to come and instead just enjoy the moment.
Three months is so much fun!
Briggs
size 1 diapers
size 0 shoes
3 month clothes
Puts his arms up in the air like he's on a roller coaster
Loves this singing star we have. Jesse calls it their movie. It is a hot commodity around our house and can be watched for 30-40 minutes at a time.
His hair has pretty much all fallen out on top, except for 10 little wispy hairs that have been there since birth, and he insists on rubbing the remaining hair off the back of his head. He now has a very small ring of hair around his neckline, and of course those 10 hairs that are about two inches long on top of his head.
He smiles easily until we pull out the camera. Hence the reason Briggs mostly has serious face pictures.
He loves kisses
He loves story time and being sung to
He has gotten that lovely baby acne and his head is peeling like crazy. Maybe it's just cradle cap but there is some serious peeling action going on
He has started screaming with his crying. I don't know why but it's a very unpleasant sound.
Started grabbing toys on the play mat
LOVES the ceiling fan (affectionately named "Fanny") and will squeal in delight and coo at it
He is so close to giggling. One of these days it's just going to come exploding out of him.
Still loves bathtime and has started splashing a little in the tub
Tries to hold his head up every time we lay him down, or even when he is at an angle, such as in the tub. He just wants to sit up.
He does not stop moving. I have so many pictures of him as a blur.
Just discovered his hands (July 5th) and loves to look at them
Went to the pool for the first time on the 4th of July. He slept for the first half but then decided to wake up. There were no squeals of delight but there were also no tears. Just a straight face.
Tries to mimic things I do to him such as sticking his tongue out or clicking his tongue.
{The beloved star}
{Weeeeeeeee!!}
{Bald, bald, bald}
{This is what happens when you get propped up a little high on the pillow and decide to raise your head as high as possible.}
{Briggs was not excited about our photo shoot}
{Briggs the Blur.}
{Briggs and his "movie"}
Ian
size 1 diapers
size 0 shoes
3 month clothes
Smiles easily and at everything. We seem to have lots of cute pictures of Ian because he is so smiley. (Briggs is still cute but most of his pictures turn out with a stare)
Has discovered his hands and loves to eat them
Also loves the singing star
Loves kisses
He has also decided to be defiant and create a lovely bald spot on the back of his head
Loves singing time
I clicked my tongue at him one day and he totally clicked his back a few times. He also tries to mimic tongue movements.
Gets mad when we change his diaper before feeding him
He also has gotten baby acne and a peeling head
Loves to snuggle and will rest his head on my shoulder when I pick him up. I love that he is a little cuddle bug
Holds on to my arm sometimes when I hold him or burp him
So close to giggling
Loves bath time and kicks and splashes in the tub
Went to the pool for the first time on the 4th of July. He also was very straight faced. I thought they would love it more but it was just a bit chilly so maybe that is why? Who knows.
{Unlike Briggs, Ian was all smiles for our photoshoot}
{Look at that head just sitting on his shoulders! haha. He has no neck!}
{Ian was totally staring down this squid. So cute!}
{Bath time is seriously the best thing ever!}
{And this just had me giggling for the longest time}
They took their first airplane ride at 12 weeks old when we went to Utah (see that post here).
Because of that trip, they have been in four different states! Texas, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah. And they are lucky ducks because in just a couple of weeks we'll be adding Hawaii to that list!
They each have noticed the other one but not at the same time. I've watched one talk and coo to the other and cannot wait until they discover each other at the same time!
I'm still breastfeeding but they do get a formula bottle maybe once a day. Thankfully neither boy is picky on where their food comes from.
I went back to work (after 16 weeks off) when they were 10 weeks old. I decided to go back PRN and now only work 4 days a month. It was all I felt like I could do right now and so far it has been good. I schedule my shift on a day Jesse can take off and he gets to spend that whole day with the boys. I think it is a win-win, although it is still hard to leave these cute boys even one day a week.
They are good little sleepers and have started sleeping fairly consistently for a 6-8 hour stretch at night with another 2-3 hour nap on either side. Love it.
They don't grunt nearly as much now that they have learned how to coo and talk.
We haven't kicked them out into their own room yet. In fact we've moved in to their room. Our apartment has one bedroom on the main level and our bedroom is upstairs but it is so hot right now upstairs and their room happens to be the coolest one in the apartment so that was a no brainer. And honestly it's just easier for those times that they do wake up to just grab them instead of wandering downstairs into their room. We've also turned into master sleepers and can crash anywhere, anytime, and with any amount of noise.
I try to remind the boys throughout the day that there are two babies and only one mommy so they have to be patient. I'm not sure how much is sinking in.
{Ian} {Briggs}
{Ian} {Briggs}
{Briggs} {Ian}
{Briggs} {Ian}
{Briggs} {Ian}
{Story time}
{Briggs} {Ian}
The problem with motherhood is how fast everything goes.
How did we go from this...
to this.
Or this...
to this?
or this...
to this?
In just three short months?!
They are cuties! Can't wait to meet them!
ReplyDeleteseriously?!! They are the cutest! darling family you have!
ReplyDelete