Wow. It has been a long time coming but we are on the home stretch! Our little boy has been doing so great and we know prayer work. This week they had tapered him off TPN and were giving him a bottle with small increases of 5ml each day, which progressed to increasing every other feed instead of just daily! As of today he is NG tube free, PICC line free, and taking 50ml in a bottle with an estimated discharge date of tonight or tomorrow! We are ecstatic! It has been two and a half weeks of worry, driving, praying, and tag-teaming between home and the hospital and we cannot wait for it to be over.
We've been very blessed with good care for our little guy and seen prayer work as he has progressed so well through the treatment process. We just cannot wait to get our two boys back together and love on them at home! Briggs has spent 26 of his 36 days alive, in the hospital so we feel that he has used up all his trouble causing days and needs to give us a break for MANY years.
I do feel like we almost need to relearn our baby because we've been apart for so long. We also need to help him distinguish his days and nights because right now he's all mixed up. We may have a few long days ahead of us, but we wouldn't have it any other way than together. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We know it has helped our Brigham heal so well with no set backs. We feel so blessed.
EDIT: Saturday came and we went home empty handed. I think I hit my breaking point then. We kept hearing "it'll only be one or two more days" and I was tired of hearing those words. I was ready to take my baby home NOW! I felt like we would never get him home. I feared that the requirements for him to come home would change and he'd have to eat more and more before being released. Fortunately we did not have to wait many more days and were able to bring our sweet boy home Monday May 6th. When Jesse got the call that they would release our Brigham, he immediately called me and told me to hurry and get to the hospital before they change their mind! Let's just say that Ian and I rushed around and were out the door by 12:20pm a new PR. haha. Which in our defense we only got the phone call at 10am and I had to shower, eat, pack the diaper bag, load up Ian only to have him wake up and decide he was starving, so then I had to feed him. 12:20 was impressive for us.
We've been very blessed with good care for our little guy and seen prayer work as he has progressed so well through the treatment process. We just cannot wait to get our two boys back together and love on them at home! Briggs has spent 26 of his 36 days alive, in the hospital so we feel that he has used up all his trouble causing days and needs to give us a break for MANY years.
I do feel like we almost need to relearn our baby because we've been apart for so long. We also need to help him distinguish his days and nights because right now he's all mixed up. We may have a few long days ahead of us, but we wouldn't have it any other way than together. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We know it has helped our Brigham heal so well with no set backs. We feel so blessed.
EDIT: Saturday came and we went home empty handed. I think I hit my breaking point then. We kept hearing "it'll only be one or two more days" and I was tired of hearing those words. I was ready to take my baby home NOW! I felt like we would never get him home. I feared that the requirements for him to come home would change and he'd have to eat more and more before being released. Fortunately we did not have to wait many more days and were able to bring our sweet boy home Monday May 6th. When Jesse got the call that they would release our Brigham, he immediately called me and told me to hurry and get to the hospital before they change their mind! Let's just say that Ian and I rushed around and were out the door by 12:20pm a new PR. haha. Which in our defense we only got the phone call at 10am and I had to shower, eat, pack the diaper bag, load up Ian only to have him wake up and decide he was starving, so then I had to feed him. 12:20 was impressive for us.
We can't wait to know you are all four under one roof and HEALTHY. We love you to pieces! Mimi and Papa
ReplyDelete