Ian
Weight: 7 lbs 0 oz (low)
Length: 20.5 in (12th percentile)
Head circumference: 34.3 cm (low)
We like to call that "tall and skinny" haha!
The pediatrician does think he'll make it onto the charts next month.
We like to call that "tall and skinny" haha!
The pediatrician does think he'll make it onto the charts next month.
Briggs
Unknown/Bite-sized
He never had a real one month appointment but at 6 weeks his weight is 5 lbs 6 oz
Unknown/Bite-sized
He never had a real one month appointment but at 6 weeks his weight is 5 lbs 6 oz
Ian
I love when you smile in your half-sleep state when I sing you songs
I love that you are getting just chubby enough to grow out of preemie diapers and into newborn ones
I love that you only cry when there's really something wrong, like no food in your mouth when you're hungry (That's the most common problem)
I love that you will sleep in four hour stretches at night
I love that you enjoy bath time
I love that you still fit in all your newborn clothes (but you are starting to stretch out the smallest ones)
I love that it looks like you're going to take off crawling already when you do tummy time, you're definitely going to be a mover
I love that the pediatrician thinks you are the most handsome baby she's seen and wants to take you home (secretly your dad and I think she'd send you right back with how noisy you are!)
I love that you're getting some chubby cheeks
I love that you finally figured out the whole nursing thing
I love that you have discovered your tongue and stick it out all the time
You cried when you got your second Hep B shot. It made me sad. But you quickly calmed down when your daddy snuggled you.

Brigham
I love when you are wide awake, content as can be, and just look around with your big sweet eyes. You are very observant.
I love how your binky takes up half your face
I love how mellow you are
I love that you will hold in your own binky
I love that you are still such a peanut (not eating for 10 days will do that to you)
I love when you suck in your bottom lip, you look like a turtle
I love when you lay on your back and stick your legs straight up in the air
I love that you can barely stay on your back because you're back is so rounded you nearly instantly roll to your side
I love that you can still easily wear preemie diapers and newborn clothes. This momma doesn't want you to grow up too fast!
I love walking into the hospital and finding your nurses snuggling you, it's the next best thing to me being there loving on you
I love that you win over everyone who walks into your hospital room. They all think you are the most beautiful baby ever.
I love that you are getting such good care at the hospital... not loving so much that you're in there though.
I love that you can somehow wiggle clear down into your blankets so your head is completely covered
I love that you sleep with your legs all curled up
Both
I love that their hair stands straight up after a bath. Especially Ian's.
I love that they both like their hands up by their face
{Briggs}
{Ian}
I love when we take a binky or bottle out of their mouths, their lips stay in the same position and they keep sucking
I love that they will curl up in a ball when we burp them on our shoulder
{Briggs}
I love the startle reflex
{Ian}
You both favor your right side
You both sleep better when you're swaddled like a straight jacket and your arms are tucked in
You grunt all the time... awake or asleep
And if you were wondering what Ian was up to while Briggs was in the hospital... he was getting some serious love from Mimi and Papa Rich.
We are absolutely loving this stage. Having children was the best decision we've made. We wouldn't trade the 5 years we had before they arrived, but it has truly been a joy. We constantly look at one another and talk about how lucky we are to have these two sweet boys. Our life is perfect for us.



they are SO adorable!
ReplyDeleteI seriously love them- so glad you're all together and back home. I hope this update is a monthly tradition so I can keep seeing their cute faces and reading about them and their awesomeness. Hope all is well with my favorite Texans!
ReplyDelete