This week I defied gravity and proved that I am still awesome by painting my own toenails.
They were in desperate need of a new coat of paint.
Fortunately I surprised Jesse and myself by whipping my leg up on the counter to paint without too much difficulty. I'll be honest, I felt so cool! haha. Now putting on socks or tights..... that's a different story!
My upper back has been bothering me more and more lately. I guess it's just the combination of working long hours at the hospital and being rather disproportionate these days. I am still told all the time that I am way too small to be this far along with twins but I'm not complaining. I usually am told that when I'm seen in my scrubs too which have been pretty good at hiding my belly. I'm still working full-time and feeling very blessed that I've been able to. No bedrest thus far and I'm crossing my fingers to keep it that way. My OB did mention at one point in time that if I made it to 32 weeks working full time that we wouldn't push it past that. I guess I'll find out what exactly that means at my next appointment. I'm hoping to be done working at that 32 week mark (which is the end of February believe it or not!) so I can finish getting everything ready for the babies and spend a little extra time enjoying being pregnant and spending as much time with Jesse before we become a family of 4.
My grandparents finished their mission in Louisville, Kentucky this week and stayed with us on their journey home! It was so much fun to see them! We visited, toured Noah's, went to dinner, and offered up our humble air mattress for them to sleep. Luckily they're great sports and were willing to camp out in our little den with an air mattress! I did have to giggle though because my grandma was very protective of me while she was here. At one point we were carrying in some stray baby items I had laying in my car. One was a stroller that we were pulling in on the wheels that she wouldn't let me touch so my grandpa wheeled it in, another was a small swing that she opted to carry, I was allowed to care the little bar that goes over the swing and dangles toys in the babies' faces. We even stopped off at their car and my grandma pulled out a pillow to carry in but didn't think she could get the other pillow because her arms were already full, so of course I offered to carry the pillow. Her response was "No, no, no, grandpa can come back for it." hahaha! Apparently a pillow is too heavy to carry these days? I decided it would be best not to tell her what all I do at work! :) I do really appreciate the concern though and am trying to get better at letting other people help me. It just does not come easy for me. I like to be able to do everything independently and it tries me to ask for help, but it's all for the sake of the babies.
We also officially signed a new apartment contract this week and will be moving towards the end of February. We found an apartment that has lots of storage space, good square footage, huge bedrooms, and will hopefully be good for us longer than our current apartment. It makes me sad because our current place has been so great and has been perfect for the last year but when this second baby snuck into our lives we need some more living space! So I'm going to have to work on packing up our house over the next few weeks. Ugh. Not really looking forward to moving, but we figure it will be better now without babies and some of their larger things than with small babies and more things than we already have accumulated!
I also booked a photographer for maternity and newborn pictures this week! I'm pretty excited about it. I had to look for quite awhile to find a photographer who actually gives you all the pictures with a print release because apparently that isn't a thing. Everyone wants to charge an arm and leg and your first born to get an 8x10 picture and I was not having it. But I finally found a girl whose portfolio impressed me, her price didn't completely break the bank, AND we get all the pictures with the print release. Win win win. Should be fun!
This belly is growing, growing, growing!
(And I feel like I have to include two pictures because my belly size looks a little different.)
The babies have been a little more active and a lot stronger. Jesse and I watched one baby push my belly completely lopsided and it was so funny! Love it!
Also this week my belly button officially transformed to an outtie. Most of the time you can't see it because I'm still squeezing into my regular garments (ok, one size up) and have a couple of layers on that keep that belly button in, but this night I was lacking in garment tops so I busted out a big ol loose maternity top that didn't suction in the button so it was almost visible. We tried to document it, but it's kind of hard to see.
I also booked a photographer for maternity and newborn pictures this week! I'm pretty excited about it. I had to look for quite awhile to find a photographer who actually gives you all the pictures with a print release because apparently that isn't a thing. Everyone wants to charge an arm and leg and your first born to get an 8x10 picture and I was not having it. But I finally found a girl whose portfolio impressed me, her price didn't completely break the bank, AND we get all the pictures with the print release. Win win win. Should be fun!
This belly is growing, growing, growing!
(And I feel like I have to include two pictures because my belly size looks a little different.)
The babies have been a little more active and a lot stronger. Jesse and I watched one baby push my belly completely lopsided and it was so funny! Love it!
Also this week my belly button officially transformed to an outtie. Most of the time you can't see it because I'm still squeezing into my regular garments (ok, one size up) and have a couple of layers on that keep that belly button in, but this night I was lacking in garment tops so I busted out a big ol loose maternity top that didn't suction in the button so it was almost visible. We tried to document it, but it's kind of hard to see.
You are gorgeous! I can't believe how quickly time flies, the boys will be here before you know it! I can't wait to meet them!!
ReplyDelete