Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pregnancy: Weeks 6, 7, & 8


Let the pregnancy journal begin! 

Week 6: 

I started feeling a little more tired this week and had some food aversions and cravings but not much nausea to complain of thankfully. I did find that I was starving all the time and if my stomach started to get empty I started to feel a wave of nausea but that was easy to fix. I felt like I was eating ALL THE TIME.


This will be the photo to remind myself how amazing the human body is, that it can go from this to a beached whale in just 9 short months!
And probably the last time I ever see that body ever again! But that is AOK with me.


Week 7:

Well the whole "eating all the time" thing quickly went out the window and I had more and more food aversions this week. I could hardly look in our fridge or even in our kitchen in general some days without being a little grossed out. I wasn't nearly as hungry this week and 7up and saltines became my new best friends. Still no major nausea and no vomiting but I just felt a little off. I also became super lazy. I don't feel like moving when I'm at home and our apartment is definitely starting to show it. It's driving me nuts but my bed still sounds better than cleaning. :) 


I found that macaroni and cheese has sounded awful, and thankfully I have a fabulous husband who eats whatever sounds good to me that night. We've had KFC, french toast sticks from Sonic, cheetos, and tomato sandwiches just to name a few. The funny thing is that leftovers of any of these semi-cravings sound awful, and that contributes to the problem with looking in the fridge. :)

I had my first Dr. appointment this week. We heard our first "Congratulations, you're pregnant!" from my Dr. since we hadn't told a soul that I was pregnant yet. It was exciting to be congratulated. She gave me a due date of April 24, 2013. Happy (almost) Anniversary to us. Jesse says due dates are dumb and since only 5% of people actually deliver on their due date that we shouldn't really even have one. I keep trying to explain that it is just a goal to shoot towards. He would just rather say we're having a baby in April. We ended up agreeing we would just tell people we have a baby coming at the end of April. Sounds good enough to me.

I've noticed on facebook a crop of people have announced pregnancies lately. A few due in March, and one even due in May. It gets me all excited knowing that our kids will be born so close together and I get all giddy even though no one else knows I'm pregnant. 


Week 8

I was feeling a lot better this week. I was less nauseated than the last two weeks and honestly have quite a bit of energy, I just start crashing earlier in the evenings and enjoy a 8pm or 9pm bedtime. 
I was able to eat more and began to have an appetite again this week. So nice! Towards the end of this week I was starving all the time! I still have a hard time looking in the fridge though without gagging.
I am burping ALL THE TIME. Does that happen to other people? 
I feel really bloated at night as well and tums have become one of my friends of the week. 



Yeah the pictures aren't the greatest thing ever, but there's also not much to see therefore it doesn't matter, right?!
I guess we have plenty of time to work on Jesse's picture taking skills and my modeling skills!

6 comments:

  1. When I clicked on your blog today I thought to myself "I wonder when Danielle is going to have a baby?" And then I saw this post!! So happy and excited for you!! In my experience so far, it goes by much faster than they say and isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I hope that is the case for you too!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the cutest pregnant lady I've ever seen! Thanks for the update :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I hope you keep having a nausea-free pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Danielle!! I'm so happy and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!!!! I'm so glad you have started your updates. Now I will be religiously checking every week, don't disappoint. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! Seriously, I still can't believe you're having BABIES!

    ReplyDelete