Jesse's parents came to Dallas to visit during the first part of May. We had them for just over a week and had a blast! Unfortunately Jesse had to work most of the week so of course I put them to work around the apartment and we squeezed in as much playing as we could.
Husbaughts in red.
Husbaughts in red.
We were lucky to get to celebrate my birthday while they were here.
We were treated to Olive Garden
and then my awesome husband
("This Guy") This Guuuuuuy!
spoiled me with gifts.
One of our most anticipated destinations of our "staycation" was the Dallas World Aquarium and it did not disappoint! If you are ever in Dallas this is a must-see in my and my opinion.
Follow me to awesome photo faces!
Follow me to awesome photo faces!
This bird is tiny and absolutely adorable.
Manatees!
Teenie tiny monkeys. So Fascinating!
These are Pygmy Marmosets. They are so small. *How small are they?* They're so small that if they were iPods they'd be shuffles. Ba-dum.
This sign lies. That sloth wasn't crossing anything. Except maybe his arms.
Feeding the birds Tuppence a bag!
Random plant
This shark just decided to sit on the top of the tunnel and stare at everyone passing through.
Oh yeah, and he's super creepy looking! What shark has LIPS!?
It's behind me, isn't it?
Yes this octopus has a giant hamster ball in it's tank. We even watched him crawl into it.
And the piéce de résistance... monkeys with mustaches.
Well since that is a ton of pictures, you have now seen it! I just saved you a trip!
And unfortunately I didn't pull out my camera as much as i should have so here's the rest of our trip in a very brief picture summary.
We put Doug to work making chairs.
He kept saying he was happy to build them but I still felt a little bad!
We did a few crafts. Jesse is sporting the "Yarn Princess Leia Buns"
Help me Martha Stewart, you're my only hope.
We introduced Jesse's parents to sushi. And oh boy was it amazing (at least for us!)
My folks, as well-traveled as they are, had never had sushi before this. We felt obligated to introduce them to "high society." It... didn't take.
They tried to act like it was tolerable but obviously their faces lie!
We did get a "I would be willing to possibly trying it again" from Momma Rich but that's about it! haha
And unfortunately I didn't pull out my camera as much as i should have so here's the rest of our trip in a very brief picture summary.
We put Doug to work making chairs.
He kept saying he was happy to build them but I still felt a little bad!
We did a few crafts. Jesse is sporting the "Yarn Princess Leia Buns"
Help me Martha Stewart, you're my only hope.
We introduced Jesse's parents to sushi. And oh boy was it amazing (at least for us!)
My folks, as well-traveled as they are, had never had sushi before this. We felt obligated to introduce them to "high society." It... didn't take.
They tried to act like it was tolerable but obviously their faces lie!
We did get a "I would be willing to possibly trying it again" from Momma Rich but that's about it! haha
We also went to Six Flags which was fun! I try to pack as light as possible at amusement parks so I didn't bring my camera but we had a great time, until of course we got rained out!
Let's just say we had a fantastic week! Now we know a few sites in Dallas so we welcome any and all visitors with open arms! *hint hint*
Great pictures! Hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteI am loving all your blogging lately! I have some catching up to do! I can't wait to come visit you!!
ReplyDelete