Let me preface this "Softball Narrative" as written by my father. I have in fact received permission to share this rather humorous story on the blog to be remembered forever. My mom and I find this even more entertaining as my dad is ever poised, under control, and does not put himself in awkward situations nor do awkward things happen to him (unlike my mother and I). So please read and enjoy the one time my dad's life was more embarrassing than ours!
Ok... after a 35 year hiatus from the ball diamond, my mind and some of my body decided to show up for softball tonight. I started right field, where someone of my particular abilities should be, and began my newest "most embarrassing moments." The other team quickly assessed my skill set and sent me a barrage of flies and grounders that I either missed completely over my head, between my legs, or better yet: hit me in my
mitt, my knee, chest, eye, and other unmentionable places. I did a couple of
face plants and who knows what else. And of course I really shined on the base
path--quick mind but forgot my feet and legs as i stumbled towards first base;
and I later found that one of my toe nails is a quarter of an inch higher than
all the others and colored a nice shade of blue going to purple going to black.
And then I had to run from first to home all at once--I was looking for the
oxygen mask (or at least some nitrous!) before I passed out. Very comical
evening---My Little League coaches would have been so proud. But.....had a
GREAT time and will be back next week!! THANK YOU Sponsor Metcalf Mortuary (who
can take care of me when I keel over some night!), Coach Dan, and all the team
members for being so kind and supportive to me tonight! Go Team!!
Apparently there is no hope of me ever being graceful! At least I come from two people with a good sense of humor, and lots of great stories!
No comments:
Post a Comment